Pls HELP: Error. A program cannot be read (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
0307710F-166D-4ACD-B5C9-257609733C56.jpeg
0307710F-166D-4ACD-B5C9-257609733C56.jpeg
Hi there

Been a happy owner of 2011 LC 200 with only 53 K miles on it.

Yesterday afternoon an error cam on the Nav screen :

“ Unable to read Data. Check if the map DVD is Correct”

After some web searches i tried to :

1- Eject the DVD but no response by pressing eject button on screen but no response
2- Tried to the “ invisible” top right than top left buttons but DVD won t be ejected.
3- Last resort: I disconnected the battery for 10-20 min in a way to reset system.

When i reconnected issue got worse with diffuicilty to start and Error message :
“ Program cannot be read
Pls consult to a dealer. “

Nothing works now on the main screes ( AC, Fan, Telephone....)

The 200 did start up but with a lower RPM.
RPM is at 500 whereas it should be more in the 800.

I am taking it to a Toyota shop tomorrow that gas tech stream.

Car is drivable but no contorls ( AC/fans) and RPM is lower at idle.

I miss the simplicity of the 80 and 100 series.
Happy to have kept my 1999 LC 100 but power of the 200 Engine is unmarched.

Pls help. Pls advise.

Jay

04415912-D78D-4984-B8E7-FF360B9042B7.jpeg

Guys

Found this movie on You Tube.
Will give a try.

Jay

Have you tried removing the battery cables for a bit? Try for 20-30mins if you can. May reset it

I removed one time the positive Cable for 20 min the first time.

Shall i remove them both for 20-30 min ?

Ya, try both.

Also, did you happen to get serive done recently? Cabin filter by chance? If so you may have had a tech mess with the recirculation door. You can check by opening the glove box, removing the door at the back and pressing the button for the vent or recirculate option. If it doesn't open and close, someone could have forced it open and broke it. All of that would be done with the vehicle running

ISSUE SOLVED:

It ended up being the DVD disc which was out of place. We had to mechanically dismantle it and put back the dvd in place.

I am thinking how to have the operating system start up regardless of DVD ?

There's no way I'm aware of to modify the system. If the DVD is missing or won't load, you're boned.

If I could hack the Nav system there are a bunch of changes I'd make. However it's running QNX and uses signed binaries. It's likely possible in theory but it would require significant effort to jailbreak.

There's no way I'm aware of to modify the system. If the DVD is missing or won't load, you're boned.

If I could hack the Nav system there are a bunch of changes I'd make. However it's running QNX and uses signed binaries. It's likely possible in theory but it would require significant effort to jailbreak.

With Land Cruiser legendary reliability, I cannot believe we are at the mercy of the DVD loading for proper vehicle operation.

Perhaps I should have bought the GX or GXR model with less option as opposed to the VXR but I wanted the V8 5.7 Liter back than in 2011.

Jay

This is actually the first time i'm hearing of a DVD for proper operation. One would think this would be controlled by something more stable like an ECM or something. Craziness. I don't have this DVD that I'm aware of. Is it always in the vehicle? @jayfrem did you have to take it to the dealership to fix?

The climate controls should be separate. There's so little benefit to integrating them into the nav unit. But I'm not surprised that any functions the Nav normally does would be broken if the unit can't boot.

This is actually the first time i'm hearing of a DVD for proper operation. One would think this would be controlled by something more stable like an ECM or something. Craziness. I don't have this DVD that I'm aware of. Is it always in the vehicle? @jayfrem did you have to take it to the dealership to fix?

2008-2011 use a DVD and map updates basically involve swapping the DVD. 2013+ use an internal hard drive and updates are done through the USB port

I took to a Toyota shop I am good friends with it. We dismantled the DVD unit opened it and put the DVD back in proper position.
system booted up properly and solved the issue.
The DVD was out of place in the unit....

I still believe with a Land Cruiser vehicle known for remote expeditions that operating system should be at the Mercy of a DVD properly in place.
anyways it is what it is.....I guess.

cheers

Jay

I took to a Toyota shop I am good friends with it. We dismantled the DVD unit opened it and put the DVD back in proper position.
It's not just Toyota, most DVD-based Nav systems work the same way. I had an Acura MDX and when the DVD drive went bad the Nav and audio system would reboot over and over. Thankfully the climate controls were separate from the Nav system. I think the integrated climate controls are my big gripe with the Toyota design, but most systems are moving in the same integrated direction now. I agree it would be ideal if the system would still boot and all the other functions (audio, climate, etc) would work without the disc. However I think the operating system for the Nav unit is stored on the DVD, which is why it won't boot without it.

If I ever need to pull the dash apart I'm going to pop the hard drive out of my 2013 and create a backup of it, so when it eventually dies I'll be able to replace it without paying Toyota potentially thousands of $ for the repair.

> I think the integrated climate controls are my big gripe with the Toyota design, but most systems are moving in the same integrated direction now.

Agree with this wholeheartedly.

I still believe with a Land Cruiser vehicle known for remote expeditions that operating system should be at the Mercy of a DVD properly in place.
anyways it is what it is.....I guess.

cheers

Jay
Hi Guys,

I just got a 2010 LC and went to see if the map dvd eject worked or not. It worked, put the disc back in and looks like I am in the same boat as jayfrem with a message that says 'program cannot be read'. Any advice on how to take apart the DVD player to get to disc would be appreciated.

Hi Guys,

I just got a 2010 LC and went to see if the map dvd eject worked or not. It worked, put the disc back in and looks like I am in the same boat as jayfrem with a message that says 'program cannot be read'. Any advice on how to take apart the DVD player to get to disc would be appreciated.
Finally I got the DVD out and the car is working. I want to thank jayfrem for how he solved the problem and linuxgod for the FSM. I basically had to get the nav DVD player out and completely disassemble it to remove the offending DVD and put the original one back. Once reassembled it took a couple of restarts of the car and the dvd was read in.

Would you guys mind explaining how you get the navigation CD out and a new one in? I bought a cd with the most recent maps on it, but I cant figure out how to swap them. TIA, Brad

What year is your truck?

If it uses a DVD, it will be in the glove box.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom