Pls help! Can’t find what this connects to!!! (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hey everybody,

I got a 1993 Land Cruiser and I did an engine swap and forgot what this connects to.

To give you an idea, there are 6 connectors on the wire harness that connect to 6 injectors. Each connector is color coded grey and orange.

1st injector closest to the radiator and the 6th closest to the firewall.

*So right after the 6th injector connector is a grey connector. I want to know what that 7th grey connector goes into!!!!! Pls help!!! It’s been months and I can’t find it. I called Toyota and they can’t help.

IMG_2905.jpeg

IMG_2930.png

IMG_2931.jpeg

That plug connects to nothing on my '93 and is wrapped heavily in a rubber tape-like stuff.
It could go to a piece that is not included in early '93 models. Forget what it is...egr temp sensor or some such.
OBDII nonsense. lol

Last edited:
That plug connects to nothing on my '93 and is wrapped heavily in a rubber tape-like stuff.
It could go to a piece that is not included in early '93 models. Forget what it is...egr temp sensor or some such.
OBDII nonsense. lol
Just as an FYI a 1993 Land Cruiser is OBD1, OBD2 didn't come into being until 1995 in Land Cruisers, and became Federally mandated in all cars and trucks starting with the 1996 model year

Last edited:
From an old discussion (see link below) the EGR temp sensor may have been required on the California spec 1993 FZJ80's and US spec 94 models and it was located on the EGR valve itself (instead of the upper intake plenum in the 95+ models). So that harness plug location would be about right for an EGR temp sensor if required.

An old discussion on the topic:

Does your pre-95 EGR valve look like this (25620-66010) (it may have a threaded plug in it if no temp sensor was required):

FZJ80 1993 EGR valve with port for temp sensor circled in Red 25620-66010 .jpg

AFAIK for US spec 1995+ FZJ80's the EGR valve (25620-66011) did not have that 14mm port after the EGR temp sensor position was moved to the intake plenum. IME either EGR valve will work just that you'd need the plug (90341-10009) if you weren't using the temp sensor at that location.

Note the 95+ EGR valve (25620-66011) shown below was not tapped for the EGR temp sensor:

FZJ80 1995 EGR valve shown without temp sensor port cropped.jpg

And here's an EGR valve with the plug in place of the temp sensor:

FZJ80 EGR valve with temp sensor port plugged.png

Last edited:
Just a FYI a 1993 Land Cruiser is OBD1, OBD2 didn't come into being until 1995 in Land Cruisers, and became Federally mandated in all cars and trucks starting with the 1996 model year
Yeah

It would be interesting to know if @landcruiser808 1993 FZJ80 was a California spec model.

Picked up my truck in Kansas, but don't know its itinerary over the years. Any way to find out w/o popping for a carfax or something?

Also, kinda curious if EGR-T was ever a parameter on OBDI.
If so...and by now, given the age and cannibalization of trucks parts across the nation...how would one know if their ECU required that parameter while still being OBDI?

So it appears that connector was included in the harness in anticipation of having an EGR temp sensor at some point in all US models. Seems like the EGR temp sensor by itself is not related directly to the vehicle being OBD 1 or 2 (there is a code 71 in the OBD 1 systems for EGR faults, just not very specific).

Wow! Thanks everybody who replied, that was much quicker than I thought.

So I’m not sure exactly about the origins, I just know it’s made in Japan. Here’s my sticker info if someone would know the origins. Also I will look in the the color of wires and snap a clear photo of my egr. Mahalo everybody 🤙
IMG_2901.jpeg

Can you take a photo of your EGR valve (check out all the photos above) and post it up?

@landcruiser808 : Are those photos of the original engine (and EGR valve) or the replacement engine??

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom