Pllllllaaaaassssma! (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Just ordered the Northern Tool brand plasma cutter!:bounce::bounce2::bounce::bounce2:
I have high hopes for this lil machine in making some of the steel fab MUCH EASIER to do, as I wont have to do the painstaking process of cutting the steel with an angle grinder! It takes a lot of time, and actually burns up a LOT of the cut off discs.
This is good for material up to 3/8 in thick!

CANT FRICKING WAIT!:clap:

Ill try it out of Rusty's doors!!!!:eek::eek::eek:

K

You will love it. Just be carefull, they have a ground strap for what you are cutting, but they don't need it to arc. They will arc in mid air and they don't care what you have near it when they do. Also, they take a ton of air, so I hope you have the quiet compressor, because it will be running, alot.

Chicago FabWorks is getting closer and closer.:cool:

Jack

You will love it. Just be carefull, they have a ground strap for what you are cutting, but they don't need it to arc. They will arc in mid air and they don't care what you have near it when they do. Also, they take a ton of air, so I hope you have the quiet compressor, because it will be running, alot.

Chicago FabWorks is getting closer and closer.:cool:

Jack

Never really thought about the compressor...
Mine's belt drive,, so its relatively quiet. However, running the grinder is not what I would call "stealthy".
Next up is a BENDER!!!
I gotta figure out how to use all this crap now.

K

Just ordered the Northern Tool brand plasma cutter!:bounce::bounce2::bounce::bounce2:
I have high hopes for this lil machine in making some of the steel fab MUCH EASIER to do, as I wont have to do the painstaking process of cutting the steel with an angle grinder! It takes a lot of time, and actually burns up a LOT of the cut off discs.
This is good for material up to 3/8 in thick!

CANT FRICKING WAIT!:clap:

Ill try it out of Rusty's doors!!!!:eek::eek::eek:

K
:cool:

Not sure what that means, but Im gonna find out!

K

:cool::cool::cool:

Does that 15-40A rating mean it pulls 40A on your 220V outlet? :eek:
A clothes dryer is 30A.

But I'm assuming the 40A is output power at a lower DC voltage since the unit is billed as an inverter.

I have plans so you could build your own bender, you are welcome to check them out if you would like.

A clothes dryer is 30A.

But I'm assuming the 40A is output power at a lower DC voltage since the unit is billed as an inverter.

:eek: Duh, I had just spent a few hours dealing with a UL nameplate issue. I own a welder, I should know better.

Never really thought about the compressor...
Mine's belt drive,, so its relatively quiet. However, running the grinder is not what I would call "stealthy".
Next up is a BENDER!!!
I gotta figure out how to use all this **** now.

K

Cool Keith! I've been realllly wanting a plasma cutter, so let us know how this one works out.

If you want to check out my bender before youi buy one let me know... It's sweet! Been working with Bend Tech software too, which is a must in my opinion if you bend anything remotely complicated.

Word up My Ni vada homey!

ken

Congrats!

I use a Cut 40 I bought new for $400 about 3 years ago. Best thing I ever done!

It's a 50A and it does severe 1/2" steel. I scoff at jobs that used to take hours.

Except for the on/off switch breaking it has worked flawlessly. The hoses that came with it were cheasy but worked after I upgraded the clamps for a $1.

BTW, I just picked up one of the Fein Multi-Tool look alike at Harbor Frieght. It's not the same quality, but it's $49 right now instead of $400. I am impressed with that little guy too. Not that I've had the chance to use it much yet, but I've played around and it performs.

Kewl. When do you want a deposit to build my bumper/tire rack.;)

Kewl. When do you want a deposit to build my bumper/tire rack.;)

Ill need a rig to get measurements from!
With the plasma, Im thinking that a bumper build like the one that I made will be MUCH easier, and Ill have more options available to me for shape and such.
DAMN Im excited!
The reviews that Ive read on this lil guy have been favorable even as compared to a "name brand" units, so I have some high hopes.
I hope Im not disappointed!

K

BTW,
For the first bumper (at least), Ill do it for material costs and a either a case of Pabst Blue Ribbon/ or a fifth (or even a 1.75L if youre really happy with it) of Jack Daniels.:D

Just remember...I work really SLOW!

Once I get one down, a second on a 40 should go easier...

K

I have plans so you could build your own bender, you are welcome to check them out if you would like.

Sure!
I think you showed them to me a couple of meetings ago, but Id like to see them again.

Thanks man,

K

BTW,
For the first bumper (at least), Ill do it for material costs and a either a case of Pabst Blue Ribbon/ or a fifth (or even a 1.75L if youre really happy with it) of Jack Daniels.:D

Just remember...I work really SLOW!

Once I get one down, a second on a 40 should go easier...

K
I call first!
Plus my rig is close by so that should help.

You like Knob Creek right?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom