Please share your story as to how you came into your 80. #longlivemy80 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

I walked out my front door.

There it was.

4 years later, I bought it.

Have thrown money and time at it since.

Put 154K miles on it. Currently at 350K.

Owned a couple s***tier ones so started looking for a keeper.

Found it. 0 rust/texas truck, very clean interior, and way over-maintenanced just how I like it. Plus it was an LX which I thought was way funnier.
D0B64544-294A-4EA9-9961-B63B4441551B.jpeg

I’ve continued that and dumped more unnecessary OEM parts into it than any sane person should.

Owned a couple s***tier ones so started looking for a keeper.

Found it. 0 rust/texas truck, very clean interior, and way over-maintenanced just how I like it. Plus it was an LX which I thought was way funnier. View attachment 3424159

I’ve continued that and dumped more unnecessary OEM parts into it than any sane person should.
Great looking rig.

Found on web in July of 2018.
Drove to Boone NC to look at it and test drive.
Paid the nice man and drove it home.
Think I hit the market at the bottom of the curve and couldn't be happier with the decision.
Best $4200 I ever spent.

Last edited:
Wife and I began hiking in 2004 as we got further and further into the forest to get to some of the good hikes our 1988 chevy 1500 2wd had us worried a few times if we could get out. So I decided to get a 4wd suburban because I thought 4wd was 4wd never having had a 4wd I didn't know better. We went on a hike with a friend with a FJ62 and was I ever impressed! The doors closed properly when I got in and from then on I knew I was getting a Land Cruiser, to be honest I didn't even know what a Landcruiser was. In 2005 I found our 95 triple locked( no idea that it was or what that meant) 80 series and bought it for 4100.00. I found a ARB for cheap and really didn't do much to it till about 2015. So it is now lifted with KO2's , sliders and I am installing a 6.0 LS motor with 6L80 trans
C2C51B8B-D338-4000-B540-ED0C2C75F863.jpeg

76 Celica 300,000 miles and going strong when sold.
85 MR2 250,000 miles and running like a top when sold.
November 1993 "honey I'm pregnant we need a family vehicle" bye MR2 hello 80 Land Cruiser still going strong long past ex wife and kids ran off. What a run.

Edit: I look back in utter horror that this was the other "family vehicle" under consideration at the time. Refusing to budge one of my few, perhaps only, solid life decisions.

previa.jpg

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom