Please, I need help obtaining a service manual page (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
The 1996 FJ80 manual I downloaded does not have the fuel injection section. The diagnostic section is referring me to page IN-28 for diagnosing/checking the wiring between the injector and the Engine control module. Does anyone have this section, or the page referenced, or point me to a download of it. I have searched the web and this site and cannot find find it. Please help!

IN is the introduction section which is probably in your manual.

Capture.JPG

Well, that page didn't help much. I'm trying to determine where the 2 wires on #6 injector go, exactly. The yellow wire with blue tracer appears to run back to the ECU, but I cannot determine where the blue w/red tracer wire goes. I'm pretty sure (hopeful) I have a short somewhere but I can't find it. It is near impossible to work on the harness near #6 injector and the heater control valve, and the wires are VERY stiff.

Each injector gets a BLACK/RED wire which is +12 from the ignition switch circuit (FL AM2).
The #6 injector has a YELLOW/LIGHT BLUE trigger wire which runs back to the ECU (E4 pin 15) along with all the other injector trigger wires.
The ECU grounds the trigger wire of the appropriate injector and causes it to fire.

Yeah, the blue/yellow wire seems to have good continuity between the ECU and the injector. I havent checked the other wire yet, but it looks to be common with + wires of the other injectors. Strange thing is, there is no misfire at cold start. Doesn't start missing until temp gets to about 145- 150.

Spliced in the new wires and plug on #6 injector. Stopped getting the P0306 code! Was still getting an occasional misfire. Replaced the plug wires and all is good. Truck runs great, with a noticeable increase in fuel mileage! Happy Days!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom