Please help verify this and a couple questions also (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I am new to understanding the 80 series because I've always had a 40 but I'm considering purchasing a right hand drive 1994 Land cruiser that says it has a 4.5 l engine. The VIN number is JT711UJ8008014877

Is this just a regular FZJ80 just with RHD?

Entering that VIN on PartSouq Auto Parts Around the World - https://partsouq.com/ seems to validate it as a 1994 RHD FZJ80. Looks regular to me.

1609925768866.png

Also, I've noticed on the 80 series there is one model that has what looks like adjustable suspension and also has controls for rear heating and cooling. Are these models really worth the extra money or is it just more crap to break?

I've also noticed some that are gas/propane. Does this increase or decrease the value?

Plus, I've seen a ton of RHD 80 series. I like them because they usually have significantly less miles than the American ones. But, would I be pigeon holing myself into essentially no resale value because it's a RHD? I know RHD doesn't affect a 70 series or any diesel because they were never available here, but am I screwing myself possibly purchasing a RHD gasoline 80 series?

Last edited:
I believe that any gas/propane was an aftermarket addition/conversion that would be very difficult to find someone to service it in the US or source parts. Rear air would certainly be nice in Texas and most of those have a refrigerated center console. Adjustable suspension would be a big negative if you wanted to add a lifted suspension and depending on the mileage might well need replacement at a large cost. Most likely the entire system would have to be removed.

I am new to understanding the 80 series because I've always had a 40 but I'm considering purchasing a right hand drive 1994 Land cruiser that says it has a 4.5 l engine. The VIN number is JT711UJ8008014877

Is this just a regular FZJ80 just with RHD?

It was made for the Aussie market.

It will be essentially the same, but there is differences.

LPG systems are aftermarket installed.
They can be problematic.

Quite a few Aussie vehicles had lpg systems fitted in the 80s, 90s and 2000s because the federal government heavily subsidised LPG fuel and it became fairly readily available. I think its no longer subsidised.

Most systems replace the factory subtank with a LPG tank, and the spare wheel has to be relocated.

Personally, LPG system would be a deal breaker for me even in Aus where it's common.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom