Please help - need Shock/Strut dimensions (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hello Mudders,

Can anyone help me find the dimensions or any data on the length and length at rest for the stock shocks. Need to know the dimensions of the attachment points as well. I am going to design a really nice adjustable shock and test it.

Let me know if any of you guys might have this handy.

Thank you.

This is very subjective, each shock manufacturer will have slightly different dimensions and it changes on each rig depending on the mods. I buy shocks ONLY by dimentions and I don't trust refference material since it seems to be frequently wrong, mostly because they cannot take into account the previously mentioned variables.

Last edited:
This is very subjective, each shock manufacturer will have slightly different dimensions and it changes on each rig depending on the mods. I buy shocks ONLY by dimentions and I don't trust refference material since it seems to be frequently wrong, mostly because they cannot take into account the previously mentioned variables.

If you happen to have dimensions for this vehicle it would be appreciated, I prefer not to have to take them off my LC to measue them, if someone has them handy.

If you happen to have dimensions for this vehicle it would be appreciated, I prefer not to have to take them off my LC to measue them, if someone has them handy.

I'd help if I could, but mine is so far gone down the modification highway it would be of little use. I checked the Skyjacker master catalog, no listing for FJ60s. You might check O'Reilly's site, some of the KYBs (if they make one for the FJ60) have the compressed and extended lengths in the description. No saying if they are accurate...

Hello Mudders,

Can anyone help me find the dimensions or any data on the length and length at rest for the stock shocks. Need to know the dimensions of the attachment points as well. I am going to design a really nice adjustable shock and test it.

Let me know if any of you guys might have this handy.

Thank you.

This is from another thread:

Thanks for the replies. I made some phone calls to ARB USA and Bilstein. I got the front and rear shock compression and extension measurements for 2.5" OME springs on a 60 series. They said:

Front: 349mm/589mm (or 13.7"/23.2")
Rear: 357mm/582mm (or 14.1"/22.9")

I went with Bilstein's 5125 series valved 255/70. Since this series are all eye/eye mounting configurations and the front requires eye/stem, I bought two ManAFre's 4+ shock adapters for the front which reduces the shock compression and extension measurements by 1" (but not travel, travel stays the same). Rear shocks are eye/eye configuration so no adapters needed. I went with part #'s 33-185590 (front) and 33-185606 (rear).

Once I have it all installed, I'll report my results here.

https://forum.ih8mud.com/newreply.php?do=newreply&p=6885079

The people on this forum are incredible.
This is what I found for reference from Bilstein.
Front 21.9 extended and 13.3 compressed
Rear 21.75 extended and 14 compressed

I wonder if I am going to raise the truck 2 inches, do we go another 2 inches up?

Also would anyone know the thread pitch on the front shock? I am going to try and make a really nice adjustable shock for you guys. It might be out of the price range of most, but some nutheads might want it after I am done.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom