PLEASE HELP ME (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

whit the Throttle valve fully opened psotion, between terminals VTA-E2 my resitance read its .09, the FSM says 4.25-8.25 , thats mean my TPS its worn?? or what do you think??

terminals vta-e2 should have .3-6.3 k ohms when the throttle is closed
terminals vta-e2 should have 3.5-10.3 K ohms when the throttle is fully opened
terminals idl-e2 should have less than 2.3 k ohms when throttle is opened with a feeler gauge of .0303" between the throttle stop screw and throttle stop tab(throttle barely open...)
terminals idl-e2 should have infinent resistance (digital will say OL(over load) or an analoge will peg the resistance needle at the top of its scale...) when the throttle plate is opened with a .0429" gauge in between the stops
resistance between VC and e2 should be between 4.25- 8.25 k ohms REGARDLESS of throttle opening

your measurement of .09 indicates a continuitous condition between the terminals you measured from.

do this;
insert a .0366" gauge between the throttle stop and adjusting screw and hold the throttle closed against the feeler(held at .0366" open)
while measuring resistance between idl and e2, rotate the TPS clockwise(with retaining screws loose) till the resistance value changes and then tighten the screws carefull no to let the sensor twist.
then check the continuity again; with stop being opened .0303" you should have continuity(0 ohms or darn close to it)
with the throttle being opened .0429", there should be no continuity(OL or needle pegged at upper end of scale.)

Are you sure that the MAF/TPS is actually plugged in? I got my hands on an old BMW (1991 318is) once that was doing that exact same thing and found that the MAF was unplugged.

Congratulations! Easy fix

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom