Please help me identify this part (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
As some of you know I have been working on the front outer and inner bearing this afternoon and after I am done for the day I located this part under the rig and I have no idea where did it come from.

It is spring like loop and it fits in the palm of your hand…I am not sure where did it come from…any ideas?
Un-Known Part.jpg

Inner axle seal has one of these thingys on it.

Probably this one came off of the old inner seal when I pulled it out....Thanks I thought I left something off by mistake as this is my first bearing job.

By the way I am referring to the Oil Seal that goes on the back of the rotor after you have installed the bearing...is this the seal you are referring to as well??

Guys,

I am really concerned about this. If this is a part of an inner axle seal like you are stating then why would it be out of the rig and the only work I have done is remove the rotor to replace the bearings??

Do you have a picture of the Inner Axle seal and where does it go?

The diameter of this part is 2.5" only without being stretched.

Looking in the FSM the only seal I see behind the rotor is a dust seal followed by a gasket that gets placed on the dust cover.

I am sorry for being redundant but any help you can offer will be most appreciated as I do not wish to screw things up and I apologies for bothering you as I am new to doing this type of work hence my first time at it.

Al

By your description it is likely the spring from the old hub seal. The inner axle seal is much smaller (~1.25" diameter) and is not even accessible unless you remove the axle shafts/birfields.

Howdy! Look thru your trash and see if the spring is missing from the old seal that holds the larger spindle bearing in the hub. John

Thanks Guys - I retrieved the old seal from the trash and I looked under the black rubber seal rim and there was nothing in there except old grease.

So this thingy indeed belongs to it.

Thanks again now I can sleep in peace knowing that few more careful steps to this project tomorrow and I should be on the road again.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom