please help fj45 horn (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
hi guys having trouble getting horn workin have tested wires in engine bay and no power also checked contacts but stil cant get it working,also i changed cab rear window roof and windscreen from my 84 model to my 73 and windscreen wipers originally on top now on bottom but only get working on slow speed please help thanks shane:confused:

I would check the contact in the steering wheel--see if there is power to that location. Or on a simpler note have you checked the fuse? May also want to check the horn relay to make sure it works. For the wipers---cant recall of the top of my head or not--but are the switches the same for both years---may need to use the power switch from the 83 to get the wipers working correctly.

fj45350,

I would start at the fuse box. Do you have power on the out side of the fuse box? If yes then your next step would be to trace the wires to and from the horn button if you get power through the horn button then go to the plug on the fire wall. Basically starting at the source of the power and end at the horn itself. Hope that helps.

Cheers,

Jim

yes its hard to work out i changed from old window where wipers were above to an 84 window where there below and got working on low but nothing else even swapped switch but nothing:bang:

Hi FJ45350,

Here is a wire diagram for the windshield wiper motor that I finally found on my computer for you. There are different configurations so I hope this one helps you figure out your problems.

WipersOFF.jpg

Cheers,

Jim
WipersOFF.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom