Please don't kick me off this site (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

I was cruising over a salt flat at about 80km/h when it suddenly sank through the top layer, and into the really wet, sticky, salty, boggy mud. I got stuck with no winch, and I hate to admit that I was rescued by a non-Toyota. I did have a hand winch but not enough length to reach the nearest anchor over 40m away.

Sweet rig. And don't worry about being rescued by a lesser marque. Remember, he didn't make it as far as you did.

I'm a nub off-roader... what type of tire would do best in that terrain? Skinny/tall MTs, wide/tall MTs, ATs, etc?
I'd be surprised if any tire would really work in mud like that. Maybe a bogger?

Take your pick of either tank treads, or 44s aired down to a psi or two. Probably will want a 454 under the hood, with a nitrous button for when you need to clean the treads out.

Come to think of it, tank treads might not work so well.

You know that getting locker and winch just means you get stuck a lot farther in than before.:rolleyes:

Totally. It'll make for more good pictures though. :cheers:

They suck in the mud..

But they are a good snow and street tire :)

totally agree with you, rock the snow and suck up the dirt, bro-in-law had them on his jacked f350 traded them off after getting stuck where we (with bfg mudders) cruised right by sucker.:beer:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom