Please confirm Suspension question (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I know this is beat to death but there is no definitive answer (I searched - only more confusing). Can anyone answer with complete certainty which side gets the longer spring for OME 861/862. I don’t have the labels and from reading it would appear there are different perch heights (not because of where the driver is and the gas tank is). The longer front and rear spring go on passenger side, correct?

The longer springs should go on the driver side. I have alway installed my coils this way and I’ve changed 4 times in six years. In fact, I’ve always had to run a 10mm trim packer on the left rear to combat the cruiser lean.

If you look closely, the power train is situated slightly toward the driver side. Add to this the gas tank and the drivers weight and what you get is the infamous “cruiser lean”.

The easy way to remember is that the diff is on the passenger (US) side, so that spring perch is taller.

The longer springs should go on the driver side. I have alway installed my coils this way and I’ve changed 4 times in six years. In fact, I’ve always had to run a 10mm trim packer on the left rear to combat the cruiser lean.

If you look closely, the power train is situated slightly toward the driver side. Add to this the gas tank and the drivers weight and what you get is the infamous “cruiser lean”.
The easy way to remember is that the diff is on the passenger (US) side, so that spring perch is taller.
Really great advice. Thanks for sharing the definitive answer.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom