Please confirm a 1994 FJ80 Brake Master Cylinder and Brake Booster will fit on my 1973 FJ40 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

I can't comment on the early firewall rib as a '74 doesn't have it.

My 80 series booster bolted straight onto my '74 and '77 boosters with no spacers (only minor push rod adjustment). I was able to fit in the 80 series booster without a spacer, but I'd recommend using one for an easier fit.

I can't comment on the early firewall rib as a '74 doesn't have it.

My 80 series booster bolted straight onto my '74 and '77 boosters with no spacers (only minor push rod adjustment). I was able to fit in the 80 series booster without a spacer, but I'd recommend using one for an easier fit.
Thanks a lot buddy, much appreciated.
Any knowledge if the 80 series booster provides more assist than a late FJ40/FJ60 booster? Worth a shot.. thx.

edit: it looks like an FJ80 booster is larger diameter than an FJ40/FJ60 booster, so I'd assume that it's more boost.

Last edited:
Thanks a lot buddy, much appreciated.
Any knowledge if the 80 series booster provides more assist than a late FJ40/FJ60 booster? Worth a shot.. thx.

edit: it looks like an FJ80 booster is larger diameter than an FJ40/FJ60 booster, so I'd assume that it's more boost.

Way more boost. At 30 mph, it'll lock all 4 wheels on dry pavement with a stab of the brake pedal with two fingers. It took a while to adjust to POWER brakes from power assist.

Keep in mind that with 4 wheel disk brakes, they won’t lock easy... unless you want them to. ;)

Last edited:
Way more boost. At 30 mph, it'll lock all 4 wheels on dry pavement with a stab of the brake pedal with two fingers. It took a while to adjust to POWER brakes from power assist.

Keep in mind that with 4 wheel disk brakes, they won’t lock easy... unless you want them to. ;)
Thanks Biker! So I've got parts on order, and I'll post back with pics and part numbers, and if it all works. Maybe this info can help other guys too.
Thanks all. B.

Thanks Biker! So I've got parts on order, and I'll post back with pics and part numbers, and if it all works. Maybe this info can help other guys too.
Thanks all. B.

If anyone else is interested I've got a FJ80 MC (non-ABS) from Cruiser Teq, a dual diaphragm booster from City Racer, and a firewall adapter from JT Outfitters, all new I'm looking to unload. My F motor died before I got them installed and I'm going with a hydroboost system on a diesel motor. @Rainman can get you set up with new brake lines when you are ready if you want to upgrade.

If anyone else is interested I've got a FJ80 MC (non-ABS) from Cruiser Teq, a dual diaphragm booster from City Racer, and a firewall adapter from JT Outfitters, all new I'm looking to unload. My F motor died before I got them installed and I'm going with a hydroboost system on a diesel motor. @Rainman can get you set up with new brake lines when you are ready if you want to upgrade.
What is this firewall adapter of which you speak? Is it a spacer?

I converted to front discs a while ago, am now wanting to replace my booster and master. Am looking at the recommended offering from City Racer. Question I have is, where do the wires that hook to the bottom of my stock master cylinder go when installing the newer FJ80 master cylinder? I do not see a provision to hook them to? When these broke off my current master the red "Brake" light on my dash quit working. I would prefer to retain that function when installing a new master cylinder.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom