Please be kind, I have a stupid question. (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I have a 199X (plausible deniability in the US) HZJ75 troopy. It has one battery. it's 12V, right? Right? I feel so dumb, but I can't figure out how to make sure. There's 12v on the wires I've checked, but IDK how to make sure. I'm looking at new headlights and I think the standard 7 inch sealed beam Sylvanias are fine, but I want to make sure. I guess I haven't tested the voltage to the headlights, but it's buried in the garage and it's -16 out and I don't wanna start it and back it out and get out the tester and check the headlight plugs. I haven't done anything electrical to it yet. And I feel dumb asking. Thanks everybody.

Yep, one battery means 12v electrical system. Whereabouts in Montana are you? I’m in Bozeman, would be awesome to meet up sometime.

Yep, one battery means 12v electrical system. Whereabouts in Montana are you? I’m in Bozeman, would be awesome to meet up sometime.
Thank you for confirming for me. Means a lot.

I'm in Billings. I would love to be a part of a good old fashioned meetup. I am going to be in your neck off and on over the next few months. Maybe I can holler and we can catch a coffee etc! AirheadNut says BMW to me. I had to sell my oilhead to buy my troopy. (And my goldwing and my mint '93 SR5 4wd x-cab.) Totally worth it.

Thank you for confirming for me. Means a lot.

I'm in Billings. I would love to be a part of a good old fashioned meetup. I am going to be in your neck off and on over the next few months. Maybe I can holler and we can catch a coffee etc! AirheadNut says BMW to me. I had to sell my oilhead to buy my troopy. (And my goldwing and my mint '93 SR5 4wd x-cab.) Totally worth it.
The local LandCruiser club meets every second Tuesday of the month (I think that's right...) and you'd definitely be welcome. I've been itching to get out and do some snow wheeling, too.

Vintage air-cooled VW's are what got me into all things automotive, thus the name.

The local LandCruiser club meets every second Tuesday of the month (I think that's right...) and you'd definitely be welcome. I've been itching to get out and do some snow wheeling, too.

Vintage air-cooled VW's are what got me into all things automotive, thus the name.
Oh heck yes, I adore all things air cooled VW. Driving home today, I was able to swing by the secret in-town trail and the snow was deep enough that I ended up with some fresh residue on top of my bumper. Felt nice. I'd love to get into the snowy hills sometime. I'll shoot for a run to Chico in Feb and swing through town. Long drive in a 1HZ!

Oh heck yes, I adore all things air cooled VW. Driving home today, I was able to swing by the secret in-town trail and the snow was deep enough that I ended up with some fresh residue on top of my bumper. Felt nice. I'd love to get into the snowy hills sometime. I'll shoot for a run to Chico in Feb and swing through town. Long drive in a 1HZ!

I love this forum. ❤ No question to dumb to ask. And always a friendly answer, often leading to a nice personal chat.
Embarrassing to admit, but I don't want to think about the offending comments such a question would have received in many other forums.
Thank you, guys.

My first 2 cars were bugs. One with an automatic stick shift that I got when I was 14, but sold right away to get a Baja bug kit with a souped engine and big tires lol. I need to find pictures of that. It was a fun car for sure.

Not sure I’d go back to air cool again but I would be all over some early gti to soup up.
Currently own 2 VWs that someone might think is cool lol. 98 tdi jetta 5spd commuter and a 99 eurovan pop top that is lifted and has tested every thread of sanity I have.

I like my land cruisers….any day of the week to work on and deal with.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom