Plasti-dip emblems (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I went with red. I also blacked out the grill:

9A2900E3-2C94-41C2-9CFA-11D9B612405C.jpeg

A52098F4-D74A-4287-AD43-69F9D17C3911.jpeg

9FE174AE-CB62-4FD2-8F08-AE5E61BF2818.jpeg

Last edited:
The words are attached with 3M emblem double sided tape. The Toyota symbol was attached with the clear 3M emblem adhesive. I removed them all with nylon cord, then used a rubber adhesive removal wheel to get all the original stuff off the vehicle. Then used a 3M scratch removal kit/pad and rubbing compound, to get the years of staining around the emblems, off the clear coat. This was all on the rear hatch. Front was simply removing the grill. The emblem unscrews from the grill.

Thanks , a fun project during the isolation. Our yoda is same color as yours , the emblems were gold and I never liked them . Cool trick with the cord and I like the red on front

Yeah, I HATE the gold. Happy to be done with it. I’m going to eventually Raptor Liner the front and rear bumper covers in black. Will probably do the fenders and rocker area as well.

Any chance you got a pic of the grill process? doing the same soon, I just got two cans, do you think that will do it? My LX grill is smaller than yours. Also got the TEQ emblem for the front as a "s*** I can do in lockdown suprise birthday present" from the wife. (We are supposed to be driving a Quigley Sportsmobile around Maui atm, so its a small comfort, but hey!)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom