Plasma cutter help-central cal (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hey guys,

My friends friend has been lagging on letting me use his plasma cutter for like a month and I think its going to go on longer. I need to cut out my saginaw brackets that are ready to go on my sheet of 1/4". I dont need to do any grinding or anything, just cut these out and bounce. Anyone located in Modesto or Stockton want to fire up the plasma cutter for a 12 pack of pale ale? Looking to do this Thursday or Friday late afternoon/night.

mike :grinpimp:

sine80 said:
Hey guys,

My friends friend has been lagging on letting me use his plasma cutter for like a month and I think its going to go on longer. I need to cut out my saginaw brackets that are ready to go on my sheet of 1/4". I dont need to do any grinding or anything, just cut these out and bounce. Anyone located in Modesto or Stockton want to fire up the plasma cutter for a 12 pack of pale ale? Looking to do this Thursday or Friday late afternoon/night.

mike :grinpimp:

Hey Mike, my buddy has one, but he sold his compressor. I just have a little 2.5 hp pancake compressor so not enough juice. If you could get a good souce of compressed air, we could probably get something going.
Dan

I dont really know anyone who has one that we could use that we could use... The only person I know has been lagging for like a month.

sine80 said:
I dont really know anyone who has one that we could use that we could use... The only person I know has been lagging for like a month.

why not just use a hole saw. i have a drill strong enough.

This is what I need to cut.
Plate%20and%20demensions-sm.jpg

1. take drawing to local steel shop and have them hook you up. just save your plate for something else down the road. probably no more than 1/2 an hour of time.

2. buy an oxy/ace torch set and have at it. 1/4PL cuts great with said setup.

3. you have all straight lines, so a 4 1/2" angle grinder with 0.045 cutoff wheels would be a choice also. they'll zip through A36 PL like a hot knife through butter.

you don't NEED a plas for what you want to do.

brian said:
1. take drawing to local steel shop and have them hook you up. just save your plate for something else down the road. probably no more than 1/2 an hour of time.

2. buy an oxy/ace torch set and have at it. 1/4PL cuts great with said setup.

3. you have all straight lines, so a 4 1/2" angle grinder with 0.045 cutoff wheels would be a choice also. they'll zip through A36 PL like a hot knife through butter.

you don't NEED a plas for what you want to do.

Option 1 would probably cost about as much as buying one from BTB P/N 40-4114 includes the spacers and bolts as well as the plate to box the other side, sells for about $80.

another vote for a grinder w/ a cutoff wheel. Won't be as fast, but you won't have to wait on anybody but yourself. Just clamp a piece of strap metal to the plate as a guide so you get a nice straight line.

bsilva132 said:
another vote for a grinder w/ a cutoff wheel. Won't be as fast, but you won't have to wait on anybody but yourself.

And I can be there this Saturday with mine so that is a good option

rusty_tlc said:
Option 1 would probably cost about as much as buying one...... about $80.

naaa, if he walked in the door and gave me that drawing, i could have those pieces laying on the floor in 15minutes, add something for the steel=~30 bucks.

brian said:
naaa, if he walked in the door and gave me that drawing, i could have those pieces laying on the floor in 15minutes, add something for the steel=~30 bucks.
So why is your shop so far away? Could you re-locate a little closer to Reno? :D

I found a local shop that’s only going to charge me $30 for the cut so I took it over there on my lunch. Problem solved.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom