Plant Dorks Unite

jfz80

Spicy
SILVER Star

How about a spot for the horticulture dorks or at least those of us in awe of the crazy cool architecture, amazing will to survive, or general beauty of the plant world around us. Whether a well known favorite, a cool new trailside discovery, the smallest moss spores, to the coastal redwoods, natural or built environment; post up what you got. Bonus points for you true photographers for those stunning macro, IR, UV shots :D

trycirtis hirta toad lily nc
IMG_0247.JPG

mimosa julibrissima ....... a weed tree; but it has its two weeks to shine
IMG_0275.JPG

euonymous americanus ... appalachian native "hearts a burstin"
IMG_0489.JPG

jfz80

Spicy
SILVER Star

muhahaha ..... No. I cant claim that status. A local newscast or two but no NatGeo coverage here :D

Just a certified plant dork with too many random plant pics and easily influenced by @CatskillsRunner suggestion. Officially on the Landscape Architecture side of the profession but have always been pretty amazed at plant life in general across all regions ive explored and admit to spending a bit too much time and money in my own tiny garden spot.

jfz80

Spicy
SILVER Star

Native azaleas Arcata CA:
Miss me some Arcata! First place I partied with the Onur; who know our paths would cross again, and again a decade later

luefenholtz, Fern valley, gold coast, petrolia, hoopa res. so much fun so close! And killer plants as well ;)

Eucomis comosa 'bicolor' Purple pineapple lily
IMG_0196.JPG
IMG_0197.JPG

Top Bottom