SOLD Plano, TX FJ60 Radiator core support & valance - FJ62 conversion to FJ60 front end (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Sold on 03/30/19

Radiator core support and lower valance out of a later model Toyota Land Cruiser FJ60.

No rust.

Was planning on converting the front end of my FJ62 from the rectangular headlights to the round headlights like a FJ60.

Also have grill and headlight buckets that have been stripped and primed for paint that I will be listing once I have photos.
Only doing local pick up in the DFW area.

20190325_160926.jpg

20190325_160954.jpg

Last edited:
Sale pending locally.

Sold today

Curious how you stripped your grill and buckets? Looking to do the same on my 62. Start ed with a heat gun but I'm worried it's warping the plastic a little. I 've looked into local guys but most say it's too small of a project. Any insight would be great!

Curious how you stripped your grill and buckets? Looking to do the same on my 62. Start ed with a heat gun but I'm worried it's warping the plastic a little. I 've looked into local guys but most say it's too small of a project. Any insight would be great!
We sell Muriatic acid at work for swimming pools, so I got a case of it and bought a large plastic (HDPE) storage bin at the hardware store. I mixed the acid and water probably 1/2 & 1/2, and let the parts set in the solution for a day or so. I had to scrub the chrome off in some areas with a green scruffy pad, and let them soak some more. If you do decide it, be sure to wear thick rubber gloves, eye protection, and a respirator. Do it in a large open area away from your neighbors since it will produce some nasty gas-off. Pretend you are "Breaking Bad" while doing it.

Last edited:
That is intense! I appreciate the info. Ive read about others using muratic acid with solid results. I just dont know what I would do with that much acid after the fact! Ill keep you posted if I give it a go. Thanks!

That is intense! I appreciate the info. Ive read about others using muratic acid with solid results. I just dont know what I would do with that much acid after the fact! Ill keep you posted if I give it a go. Thanks!
You can use sodium bicarbonate (baking soda) to neutralize the acid when you are done. As far as disposal, you will have to research what is acceptable in your area.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom