Planning Stage of Rebuilding my '74 FJ40 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Fellow FJ-40 folks;
Semi-New to the Mud site, was here a decade or three ago for a short time..
My '74 FJ-40 has a 10-73 build date. I bought it new in December 1973 and have put over 300K miles on it until I "parked it", intending to rebuild the engine due to blowing oil out the breather, back in '95,... Now, I'm in the "planning stages" (aka buying parts like the four wheel Disc Brake Conversion, all the rubber window seals, etc.) of entirely refurbishing my ol' "ground pounder". As I was a professional "Heavy Line Mechanic" most of my life, I like to have the proper (OEM) Parts Manuals when working on my vehicles. I do have the original "Engine" and "Chassis & Body" manuals I got when I bought the FJ-40, tho the engine is no longer the original six (sick!) cylinder (five valve jobs on #4 Ex in four years!! The last valve was Stellite, it lasted 30 days!!)... I "stepped-up" to a 429cid Cadillac V-8 with a Beefed-up TH400 between the Caddy and the Toyota's Transfer case.. 250K Trouble-Free Miles until I wore it out!. (I might add that I pulled a 6000lb, 23' Travel Trailer all over Texas after the Caddy was installed! Also pulled a few loaded 18 wheelers up ice-slick hills "back in the day", as well... ;-}
Any assistance in helping me obtain an FJ-40 parts manual (or "original copy" download, etc.) would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks. Chas.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom