Planet Earth (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
So, the wife and I are watching "The Making of Planet Earth" on the Discovery Channel the other night. While interviewing the producer about wild camels in the Ghobi Desert in Mongolia he says "In a country the size of the United States, there are only 200-300 miles of road." Just as he is saying this, they cut to a seen of the videographers and their guide in the desert.....standing in front of an 80 series landcruiser.

So what do you drive in a country the size of the US and only 200-300 miles of road? Landcruiser. Cool.

We saw that too. Very cool.

I also saw that and was thinking the exact same thing. That show is so amazing I love it.

Toya vs. land Rover

I used to own a 2002 LR Series II Discovery. (Flame on) I would go to Barnes and Noble and pay, like, $8.00 for the LR Owners magazine from the UK (see, everything with those POS are expensive). I was reading an article about some LR's trekking through the desert. They had a picture that showed their campsite from a distance. You had the LRs that they were doing the article on, but all the support vehicles were Landcruisers! :idea: :eek:

That is when the light came on for me. We are now the proud owner of two cruisers :) :D

In a perfect world toyota would still be selling 80`s:cool:

Moment of silence please.........................................................................................................................................................................................................
One day my 80 will die and I will ask myself why I didn't get a second and garage it for the future. Until then, I enjoy every minute I'm in it, and under it.

Moment of silence please.........................................................................................................................................................................................................
One day my 80 will die and I will ask myself why I didn't get a second and garage it for the future. Until then, I enjoy every minute I'm in it, and under it.

Amen :D

i saw that too! just goes to show what the REAL world uses to get to the most remote places. but we already knew that! everyone else is in denial. when mine dies im going to biuld a museim for it!:cheers:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom