Places in Canada to get oil pan? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

canadian bum

SILVER Star
Threads
Are there any distributors in Canada that have oil pans for the 2F engine? Or is my only option is to get one in the states? Thanks

try bruce loewen atc prariedog parts in calgary.don't know his number anyone got it?

Do they have a website? Thanks i thought that i would be stuck getting it in the states and calgary is not that far away.

Doesn't Bruce go by Lowerbrau on this board? Also, check with Wayne Smith (Crushers). PM them.

There are some guys that have a banner here ,cool cruisers I think, they are on vancouver island. You could also try trent at truckworks in kelowna(he probably has a couple 2f that you could have very cheap, or Todd at Aqualu in kelowna as well. Interior Auto wreckers have (in the past) had a good stock of cruisers and they are in Vernon.

I don't understand gassers and rarely have any of those kind of parts laying around. If you needed a 3B oilpan I could help you.

Try Wayne, he used to be a 2F fan before he converted to diesels. He might have something. wayne@crushersrule.com

I'm sure Steve at www.extremebends.com (Coquitlam BC) will have one if you don't have any luck in AB.

Good Luck

What year? I have a couple early ones in my shop, the baffel would have to be trimmed for the 77 (?) and up style pump. Like Bruce said, Steve will prolly have one too.

The motor is a 78. Sorry for taking so long, I was up at edmonton competing in skills canada for the past couple of days.

canadian bum said:
Does the pan leak, i'm up in Ponoka area. PM me with a price.

LEAK? Wasn't that a standard factory option for rust control??? :rolleyes:

Seems like that is the case with these pans. I gave up on one after trying to braze it. The brazing and pan just kept cracking from the heat. So that pan is junk. I'm working on the spare now it never leaked as much as the other pan. The best part of the entire ordeal was when i got the engine all put in after having oil in it while it was out on the hoist it never leaked. Fire it up check out timing and adjust carb and then discover that the pan is leaking quite good due to the oil heating up. Nothing more enjoyable than that.

I have one here in Calgary, I also have a complete 2F sitting here looking for a new home.
to make a minor correction to Bruce's statement. I ran diesel and gassers cruisers for the last 24 years, switching back and forth when ever the spirit moved me. I joined the RMLCA in about 99 and most of the gents there drove diesels. a few were real bigots so I drove gassers just to prove the gassers were just as good as diesels (except for the fill ups).
then I brought in my first BJ74, top comes off, tons of power, quick and could accelerate on 35s up snow cover hills (which a naturally aspirated 3B could never do.) ever since then I have lost the love of a good 2F. now I have joined the dark side (diesel smoke).
don't get me wrong, I know the 2F is a fantastic engine which can keep up with a diesel, just I now have more fun in a diesel. (and twice the fuel mileage is easier to swallow).
if you have the time you can check out my 2 sites.
www.crushersrule.com has my restorations (which after about 3 years i am getting back into.)
www.luxuryimports.ca has my JDM imports. once you go turbo diesel, you will have a hard time going back.
cheers

Thanks, how much for the engine and oil pan. I have a good running 2F already, but it don't hurt to inquire.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom