For Sale Placerville, CA 1985 Toyota 4x4 Xtracab SR5 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Year
Vehicle Model
  1. Minitruck
Mileage
Color
White
Outside Link
https://sacramento.craigslist.org/cto/d/placerville-1985-toyota-sr5-xtra-cab/7079573842.html
Rare 1985 Xtra cab 4x4 Expedition rig. Last year of the Solid axle front in the USA

If you’re looking for shiny, perfect looking Expedition rig, stop right now.
If you’re looking for a turnkey, drive it anywhere from the Opera to the Rubicon, with the perfect amount of patina, keep reading.

Truck runs great, I Daily drive it all the time. I’m the 3rd owner, Owned since 2001, and I built the truck. When I bought it was stock, with a 2.5” of the shelf lift kit. Over the next several years, I transformed it into a great truck that drives like sports car on the pavement, and wheels like a rock crawler on the trails. I have completely rebuilt the entire driveline from the engine to the diffs. No shortcuts taken, It’s always been well maintained, using only the best products such as Penngrade oil, Redline gear lubes, Toyota coolants etc.

After 19 years of ownership, it’s time to pass it on to a new owner. Whoever buys the 85 (that’s what we call it), is getting a hell of deal. It’s truly turnkey. I get asked all the time why I am selling it, I still drive it all the time everywhere I go. Well, I have not been that interested in going wheeling for the last 5 to 6 years. My Interests are now competitive drag racing. Just like the Truck, I built the car I race as street/strip. I drive it to the race track, and race it. I’ve decided it’s time to start towing the car. Hence why I am selling the 85. I want to get a nice tow rig and trailer for my car.

I have invested a lot of money and time into the 85, which I know I won’t get back out of it. The next owner will be the true beneficiary of my investment. The 85 and I are looking for the right person who loves Toyota's, and knows there’s no better brand out there. This Toyota will always get you there and back, without a doubt.

Asking $15,900

Photo Album

• 227k on the truck, 29k on the drive train.
• All records back to the first owner
• Pictures of the build up over the years
• Cold A/C
• DOA Racing Engines 22RE, 29k on the engine
• Doug Thorley CARB legal Tri-Y Header
• SS Braided PTFE Fuel lines
• RC Fuel Injection Injectors
• 2.25" Custom ADDCO exhaust with Magnaflow Muffler and High Flow Cat
• Marlin Crawler Built W56 5spd
• Dual Transfer cases, 21 spline, 2.28 front case. 4.7 Marlin Crawler gear set rear case. Marlin adapter.
• AME Twin Stick
• Front Range Off Road Transfer case Cross member and Skid plate
• 8” Steel Pipe Cap Diff protectors front and rear
• ADDCO Driveline Rear Shaft, High Angle Front.
• ARB's front and rear, Richmond 5.29 R&P's
• ARB Compressor
• Rostra Cruise Control
• Original Longfield Birfs
• Rancho 44044 Front Springs with 1 leaf removed (Second leaf from the Bottom of the pack)
• Custom front spring hanger built from 2"x3" .125" wall Square Tube.
• Custom front swaybar with disconnects
• OTT Billet Steel High Steer Arms Drilled and tapered for Dana 44 9/16"-18 Studs and cones.
• Steering Knuckles Drilled and tapped to accommodate 9/16"-18 D44 Studs
• 4x4Labs tie rod and drag link are constructed of .250" wall DOM threaded tubing. GM one-ton ends (7/8"-18),
• 3/4T 2005 63" Chevy rear Springs
• SS Braided PTFE Brake and clutch lines
• Sky Manufacturing Toyota Chevy rear Spring Swap Kit.
• KYB Monomax High Pressure Nitrogen gas Shocks
• Front Shock Hoops Tied to front Tube work
• Tall Rear Upper shock Mounts
• Timbren AOL Rubber springs for Bumpstops
• 35x12.5x15 BFG KM2 Muds
• 15x8 Aluminum rims
• NorthStar NSB-AGM34/78 Battery (CA/MCA rating at 0°C (32°F) 1050 A)
• S&W Tube Works Exo cage, F&R Bumpers, front with provision for a winch, receiver in back Bumper
• Custom 2"x3" Square tube Rock Sliders
• 40 Channel CB
• Digital Media Receiver Head unit with hands free Bluetooth, Alpine Amp, 6 speakers, sounds great!
• Roundeyes H4 Conversion Headlights, 55W/100W
• 4crawler headlight relay harness
• LED Flood Lights front and rear (rear come on when in reverse)
• Wireless Winch Controller
• Auxiliary fuse panel
• Clifford Alarm w/ remote
• AFR gauge
• Stebel 11690019 - Nautilus Compact Mini Air Horn, 139dB
• 2x 60 amp aux 12v external receptacles. One in the right front Fender, one behind the driver’s seat for on-board air compressor.
• Tons of tie down points in the bed.
• Rear factory slider window

the85 - 003.jpg

the85 - 015.jpg

the85 - 034.jpg

the85 - 012.jpg

Last edited:
Note: The Yaesu Ham in the Photo album pictures is not included, due to FCC licensing concerns. The Kenwood CD Receiver was replced this month with a brand new JVC Digital Media receiver.
jvc1.jpg

Bluetooth Mic Location
bluetooth mic.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom