placement options for cdl switch (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

lt403

SILVER Star
Threads
hi everyone, i have a 97 lx450 and just purchased the cdl switch. what are my options for placement? the top row of switches is full:
security, hazard, defrost, antenna.

do i have to move the security down. what have you done?

I also moved the security, placed it lower left 15 mins max.

ditto on moving the security light. seemed to be the one with the longest set of wires and least likely to be missed by me.

Let's see, moved security to the left, moved defrost down next to rear heat, put CDL up top center.

That way I either forget to turn off all the heat or I leave it all on...

I had the security on the left already and just moved the rear defrost down on the left side of rear heater switch. Installed the CDL right in the middle on top row. Worked out well!

Hopefully someone will chime in that has a factory center diff switch, but I think it is in the left most, off by its self hole on the top row from the factory. That said, I couldn't get my security thing out of that hole, so I move my rear defrost down and put it in the middle of the three that are grouped together.

This is were they put them at the factory in a 91 model

Last edited:
Upper row far left as previously stated. Had no security to move........ :D

I put the CDL switch ower row leftmost position. The wiring was too short and I had to cut off a couple of wiring ties to lengthed the wire for the CDL switch to fit there.

I prefer to leave the security in its original place as it has the LED light and microphone. It should be as high and center of the vehicle as possible.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom