placement options for cdl switch

lt403

SILVER Star

hi everyone, i have a 97 lx450 and just purchased the cdl switch. what are my options for placement? the top row of switches is full:
security, hazard, defrost, antenna.

do i have to move the security down. what have you done?

tucker74

Connector is right behind the upper row and doesn't have much room for placing it elsewhere ... prolly be easier to move the security LED.

Tucker

Let's see, moved security to the left, moved defrost down next to rear heat, put CDL up top center.

That way I either forget to turn off all the heat or I leave it all on...

I had the security on the left already and just moved the rear defrost down on the left side of rear heater switch. Installed the CDL right in the middle on top row. Worked out well!

Hopefully someone will chime in that has a factory center diff switch, but I think it is in the left most, off by its self hole on the top row from the factory. That said, I couldn't get my security thing out of that hole, so I move my rear defrost down and put it in the middle of the three that are grouped together.

I put the CDL switch ower row leftmost position. The wiring was too short and I had to cut off a couple of wiring ties to lengthed the wire for the CDL switch to fit there.

I prefer to leave the security in its original place as it has the LED light and microphone. It should be as high and center of the vehicle as possible.

Top Bottom