Pittman Arm (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

OKMike

SILVER Star
Threads
Took my Pittman arm off to rebuild my steering linkage. Put it back on today. Can't recall how far on the splined shift it was when I took it off. Should I be seeing a few splines between the arm and the box (see pic). Trust me when tell you the nut and lock washer ain't going any tighter. :)

If its too far off is there a trick to pressing it back on further? Thanks all!
IMG-3515.JPG

My rule of thumb is, at a minimum, the nut is fully engaged on the threads.

Looks good. It’s tapered so that’s about as she goes
Thanks, Brother. I figured it had to be on OK because if it went much further on the splines the drag link would start rubbing the frame. Still, it was a load of my mind having someone confirm it. Really appreciate the quick response. All the best!

Thanks PJ. I seemed to remember that there were splines showing when I took it off but I didn't take a picture like I should have. I was able to get the nut and lock washer on pretty solid with an air impact then got a it to turn a bit after that with a breaker bar and a length of pipe. Once it stopped turning with that much mechanical advantage I knew it was either on correctly or I was way in deep do do. Really appreciate the help! Thanks for the quick turn!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom