Pitman arm vs inner tie rod angle (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I read that the angle between the inner tie rod and the Pitman arm is clocked. Just wanted to make sure mine looks correct. I am about to replace the tie rods. Thanks.

20200712_152817.jpg

There are alignment marks on the pitman arm and sector shaft, and the FSM has a starting measurement for the relay rod- "Relay rods should be approximately
1,076 mm (42.34 in.)."

If you don't have an FSM, you should get one.

Last edited:
There are alignment marks on the pitman arm and sector shaft, and the FSM has a starting measurement for the relay rod- "Relay rods should be approximately
1,076 mm (42.34 in.)."

If you don't have an FSM, you should get one.

I do have an FSM. My interest lies in the angle of the tie rod relative to the Pitman arm. I have a 2.5" lift and was about to replace the seized tie rods so I can get an alignment and wondered if it should be squared up. I'll look at the FSM again.

I do have an FSM. My interest lies in the angle of the tie rod relative to the Pitman arm. I have a 2.5" lift and was about to replace the seized tie rods so I can get an alignment and wondered if it should be squared up. I'll look at the FSM again.
I don't know of any way to adjust that. I have a 6" lift with no issues, and no modifications in that area.

I don't know of any way to adjust that. I have a 6" lift with no issues, and no modifications in that area.

Awesome. Thanks

If 1 end is rotated and the other is not, then just loosen the clamp and rotate the end with a crescent wrench until it's right.
Ends have to be flexible and the relay rod should be able to rotate in both directions so there is no binding during flex.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom