Pitman arm issues (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

alf

Threads
In search of a saginaw pitman arm with the following physical characteristics:

4 or 4.5 length center to center
2" drop

I have a 5.5 with a 2" drop that hits the OME spring wrap bracket when turned all the way to the left. A 4" or 4.5" would be perfect and would also help slow down the stering on my 3.5 turn box.

I know I can always grind on the saginaw output shaft but would prefer not to do this. Is there a way to reindex the centered postion of the shaft by opening the box?

ALF

When I was looking in the junkyard last weekend, I saw some explorer's that had about that length of arm, I think it was the newer 97+ body before the rack and pinion, seemed that rangers had the same arm

I have researched re-indexing my current arm and determined that the indexing flat spots on the stock Jeep pitman arm (which I have) are 1-2 teeth off in a sag fj40 conversion. I am going to file my indexing flat spots into two seperate teeth and reinstall as this will allow me to position the arm in any position.

I had originally thought you needed to file on the output shaft of the box which I did not want to do. Filing on the actual arm is not a problem. I will report back later.

Kevin

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom