Pitman Arm Installation on Mini PS Box (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Any trick to getting the arm on in the right location? I know that some gear boxes only have a certain number of positions.

Thanks and yes, I feel stupid asking this question.

Juke

I used JTO's mount, they advise to measure to the shock tower before removing your old frame mount so you know the distance from the pitman arm to a set point. Center the PS box, measure the distance, mount her up. I'm at home without my 40, but I'm sure somebody can measure their's and get it to you.

Are you talking about clocking the arm correctly on the shaft slines? The arm and shaft end have a center line match mark to help you out.

I moved the box forward about .5 inch and shortened the drag link the same amount. I also moved th drag link as clse to the frame as possible to clear 35 inch tires. Mock it u and test it out before you drill any holes or mount it permanently.

Yes, clocking the arm. I will look for the line. Thanks

Juke, I used Bill Dorey's mount, and it uses the original pedistal holes. I centered the box, and re-installed the pitman arm with the wheels in the same position as before the arm came off the old box. That worked great, and was simple! Keep it simple I always say! Earl

OK, I saw the lines. So, I am either going to be dead on or 180 Degrees off. Simple to tell so thanks!!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom