1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Pit Bull must have picked on the wrong person ..

Discussion in 'Chit-Chat' started by Rugster, Jul 6, 2005.

1. Rugster

Rugster

Wednesday, July 6, 2005

Dog-Killer Reward at $4,500

National and local animal welfare groups are offering up to $4,500 for information leading to the arrest and conviction of the person who stabbed and hanged a female pit bull last week.
    The dog, which appeared to have had puppies recently, was found Friday, hanging from a tree at the Cesar Chavez Community Center in the 7500 block of Katherine SE.
    The dog apparently was stabbed and then hanged while still living. The puppies were not found.
    Albuquerque Police Department spokesman John Walsh said Tuesday that police were following leads but no arrest had been made.
    The reward fund consists of $2,500 from the Humane Society of the United States, $1,000 from People for the Ethical Treatment of Animals, or PETA, and $1,000 from Animal Protection of New Mexico.
    Crimestoppers is also offering a separate reward of up to $1,000 for information about the case. Crimestoppers, 843-STOP, accepts anonymous tips.
    Viki Elkey of Animal Protection of New Mexico said individuals may also call 896-7761 if they want to contribute to the reward fund.

2. 2badfjs

2badfjs

that's just not right :frown:

3. Red Herring

Red Herring

Media:
    Albums:
    Im not a big fan of the PB... but thats disgusting!! I cannot tollerate animal cruelty.

4. Metal Spice

Metal Spice

That breaks my heart. Find him & kill him.

5. Liam

Liam

Media:
    Albums:
    I agree...i hate animal cruelty....a PB no matter how mean doesnt deserve that kind of treatment - of course if it attacked anyone i knew, I would have done worse...rage makes you do things you wouldnt normally do...

6. Gold Finger

Gold Finger

That is absolutely sick I hope that they catch who ever it was. Unfortunately in today’s societies the reward may have to be much higher to stir someone to DOB them in. Surely even though there are passions running on both sides concerning this breed, no one would want to harm or torture an animal in this way; it is not the fault of the dog that they seem to get into so much trouble but the owners or even the breeders. :mad:

7. wob

wob

That is sick.

8. NMuzj100

NMuzj100

For those of you not familiar with ABQ this was in the center of the "war zone". Probably a gang intimidation tactic. Thats what pitbulls are used for, Guarding the meth-lab or drug house.

The scary part is they would probably have no more compunction about doing this to a person than they did to the dog.