Pistol Holster Mount – Shotgun Holster Mount (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Has anyone mounted a pistol or shotgun or rifle in there LC? Where and how did you do it?
This is where I was thinking of doing it.

Pistol first
http://www.grassburr.com/custom-leather-products.ASP#mounted
IMG_1355.jpg
IMG_1356.jpg
handgun-holsters-1.jpg

Just curious but why?

I would like to see some sort of interior roof mount (rifle/shotgun), but I don't think that is feasible. There really isn't a good spot in the 80 that doesn't get in the way of something else. The pistol mount near the shifter is good!

Because in IN I can carry and don't always want it in my back or hip but like to have it with me. So a safe and accessible way would be to mount it in reach. I used to keep it in the map pocket on the door of my other vehicle and now I want a permanent one for the cruiser.
Second Amendment brother

No I have my lifetime CC permit, IN is a great state for gun owners rights. I can carry on my person or in a vehicle all the time, minus federal and state buildings. Second it's better to have it and not need it then need it and not have it.

Some people will never understand

"You can carry with out any permits or anything?
Why would you need to carry a gun all the time?"

Anytime somebody asks me that same question, I feel the need to remind them that they can too if they so choose. It all goes back to a thing called the constitution. Apparently it is a foreign concept to some since most schools don't bother teaching it anymore.

"Why would you need to carry a gun all the time?"...........BECAUSE I CAN!!!!!!!!:flipoff2:

We (Canadians) don't have the second amendment dude and have had almost all of our rights with regards to gun ownership stripped from us. It's a sad, sad mess created by a liberal government that continues to take the rights of law abiding citizens away only to give the criminals the upper hand. I will just stop there .. I don't want to depress myself any further this morning or take away from the original theme of the thread.

I like the roof lockers patrol cars have .. that would be handy! (edit: Shulz just posted the locker I am talking about! very cool!)

You have any spare room in the garage? .. I am moving to Indiana!

:)

If you saw the crap that goes on up here, you would probably just turn around and go back home where you CAN protect yourself and your family.

Truckvault.com has some interesting locker configurations too.

No I need about 2 or 3 more bays. My poor LC has to be outside b.c my :princess: has her car and I have an LS400 that I keep in the garage. Where in IN you moving to?

Last edited:
There was a forum member that made a custom center console and installed pistol holsters. I would probably mount on the left side of the transmission hump. However, if you chose to leave it in your vehicle, it would then be visible when you're not in the car.

Yea I thought about that, that's why I was thinking in my second picture to mount it to the back of the center console b.c my seat is all the way back and it is easy to reach and hidden for the most part. Plus the windows are factory tinted so that makes it a little harder to see.

The transmission hump is convenient - but wouldn't it rub against your leg while driving? In addition I'd be worried about that location in an accident - if the vehicle was to roll or get knocked around your leg may accidently release the holster.

The inside of the driver door or perhaps under the dash?

Heh, my dad always just tossed his pistol under his seat. Which, like a lot of things in hindsight, doesn't seem all that safe.

There was a forum member that made a custom center console and installed pistol holsters. I would probably mount on the left side of the transmission hump. However, if you chose to leave it in your vehicle, it would then be visible when you're not in the car.

How do you get to that quickly when some thug (pc. less fortunate) tries to take your money or car at the gas station? Nice idea though., I want something with easier access.

I have a rear compartment that's goes between the wheel wells and it's long enough to house a shotgun and it's lockable. As far as the handgun, I'd think the center console would be a good choice as it sits out of plain view and quickly accessible. The PoPo won't freak out if they don't see a firearm during a routine stop.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom