Pismo / Oceano Dunes Meetup Nov 2012

e9999

Gotta get outta here...
Visit site
well, it sure looked like the FJCs were out en force and perhaps the most numerous out there. Bunch of kids, though... :)

Next up were the 80s. Many nice ones too... Oh yea, now we're talkin' serious iron... :D

Where were the 100s? :hmm:

Very good company as usual...

Visit site
image-3150937674.jpg

image-3013902552.jpg

Not a huge crowd of cruisers :(

Bunch of birds tho....
image-3150937674.jpg
image-3013902552.jpg

yodaTEQ

Design,Build,EXPLORE
Supporting Vendor
SILVER Star
Website
yodateq.com
The family and I had a great time. It's always good seeing old friends and making new ones
Here are a few pics
image-636920301.jpg
image-924282522.jpg
image-752992785.jpg

CycloSteve

SILVER Star
Visit site
Back home, and finally have the sand out of my....er, shoes. It takes about 364 days to get the sand out of the truck, just in time for the next visit to Pismo. Have a boatload of GoPro video from the dunes to upload and edit...should have some cool snips in the next day or so. Fun as always, and definitely much more dry and warm as compared to the last few years. Different conditions in the dunes for sure.

:cheers:

Steve

The Machinist

making random stuff with cool machines
Visit site
Starting to work through all the pics I took this weekend, some of them are coming out really nice! Should have a link to my Flickr with them in the next few days.

Had a lot of fun learning how to drive in sand, the weather was perfect, and I met a lot of new people. I'm really happy I decided to seek out some help with the the broken shock mount I found when I got to the beach instead of turning back and heading home.

Really enjoyed my first time at Pismo, looking forward to next year! :D

TallCanDan

Jack of all trades, Master of nothing.
SILVER Star
Visit site

Hey Darrell, awesome pics dude! Glad you were able to enjoy the weekend despite some setbacks. I noticed in the pics of your 60, your tires weren't aired down. And judging from the random tire tracks, the sand didn't seem terribly soft, but that was close to shore. Any need to actually air down? You stated you were learning to drive in the sand, it's great isn't it?!!!
I gotta go next year!!

Danny

Visit site
DECALS

A few of you ordered decals from me and we didn't find each other at the event. I'll be mailing them out tomorrow.

If you wanted to buy an FJ40 or 60 decal on the beach but found me after I had already sold out, you can order them this week on my Etsy site. I have some vinyl left and am happy to make more.
http://www.etsy.com/shop/BlowtorchBetty

Or you can PM me and we can arrange a non-Etsy purchase.

Thanks for coming out everyone! The weather was spectacular!!! :D

The Machinist

making random stuff with cool machines
Visit site
Hey Darrell, awesome pics dude! Glad you were able to enjoy the weekend despite some setbacks. I noticed in the pics of your 60, your tires weren't aired down. And judging from the random tire tracks, the sand didn't seem terribly soft, but that was close to shore. Any need to actually air down? You stated you were learning to drive in the sand, it's great isn't it?!!!
I gotta go next year!!

Danny

Yeah I did have them aired down to 20psi when I first went out in the dunes but i got stuck coming out of an area and had to air down to 15. Worked out fine for the rest of the trip, although I didn't go too far into the dunes. Im sitting here wishing I was floating and drifting aroung in the sands right now. :p

I need to take the truck back to the mechanic that swapped out the rotors for me last week cause he messed up the passenger side hub, and its stuck locked. Then I need to try replacing the spring and ball that keeps the transfer case engaged, it kept popping out of 4H into 2H while I was driving. I did get the shock mount welded up while I was down there though.

Learned a lot from a lot of ppl this weekend.

sethzilla

SILVER Star
Visit site
Hey Darrell,
I'm glad Trenton was able to get your shock tower back together so you could come play on the sand. You took some great pics dude! See ya next year :D

Last edited:
Visit site
Next up were the 80s. Many nice ones too... Oh yea, now we're talkin' serious iron... :

The dude here...

...got pulled over by the man (CHP) heading off the beach up Pier Ave on Sunday am. I didn't see him do anything wrong. Any follow-up story?

Happy to be the cover pic for your album. That's sloOnTheGo and Robin standing by. :cheers: I was taking pics right next to during the dune shenanigans on Saturday.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/darrell_vaughn/8157089507/in/set-72157631932934414/

8157089507_851a4e6a3d_m.jpg

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom