Piping to rear heater (1 Viewer)

I bypassed my piping to the rear heater today. It leaks inside and now on the outside, so I replumbed it at the firewall. I am wondering what I should cap those lines with. Does anyone have any suggestions?

D'Animal

Rescuer of Beagles & Landcruisers

Wy not just use a hose and run then together?

You may have to use a tubing bender and bend yourself a "U" shaped piece since they are so close together.

I did that but did not use clamps so I get a little dribble. I will clamp it tomorrow. I think I need a longer piece of hose also. I hate leaks, so I am really busy on this rig.

Southeast Overland

Get lost! Go explore!

I tried regular old heater hose but it kinked (ran a loop on the inside) so I went to Advance Auto and they let me browse their selection of prebent heater hoses. I found one that was a pretty close match - trimmed one side a bit shorter than it came from the store, clamped it into place and was good to go!

I did remove it later to hook the rear heater back up. The heat in my pig was horrible without the rear heater hooked up.

I would like to say that was my original idea. It does seem like a good idea now. If anyone has a suggestion on where to get that valve, I am all ears.

Valve ? the rear heater valve ? Leaks around control 'stem' ?

Open valve fully; build solder seal....
'tin' (solder film layer) the valve stem and valve housing...then
run torch as cool as possible so solder is pastey rather than runny
and build bridge stem to housing.

If you get the area really clean (brake cleaner), JB weld might al stick well enough.

If it's not the control stem , , ,well , , ,maybe you can JB weld or solder the leak ?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Top Bottom