Pioneer AVH 4200NEX HU install. Please help!!! (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hi all,

I am having difficulty installing my pioneer headunit into my 100. I have a 2001 with a stock 6-in-dash disc changer and the original amplifier (all stock). It is a Non-GPS HU. I am having troubles figuring out what stock wire needs to be spliced into the new aftermarket wire harness. Essentially, I am asking those that have installed this HU or a similar one to guide me in the right direction when it comes to splicing the old harness and connecting it the the new harness. I need color match..if this makes sense.

I have found the color codes and what they are of the old harness but not the new one that goes into the Pioneer. Not sure what wire from the new harness needs to be spliced with wires of the old harness. Also if there is a write up that would be great.

Please help me. It seems I have lost touch with wiring radios at my old age. It's frustrating

I have also referenced to this but it doesn't give me what original harness wires need to be connected to the new harness.
Stereo Wiring: Land Cruiser / LX 470 (1998-02)

Thanks

20201123_171256.jpg

20201123_171310.jpg

Is it the ML stereo or not?

No. It's not ML stereo. It's the original JBL Toyota headunit

Have you looked at this?

1606177706501.png

If you're keeping the factory amplifier, using something like the Metra 70-8113 generally makes life easier (except for the "illumination wire").

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom