Pioneer and Yeasu 1802 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Swapped in a Pioneer and XM receiver to loose some wires and xm-tape deck madness and make room for 2m. I dremmeled out the pocket top-back-and sides to stuff in the Yeasu. The Pioneer and XM are working excellent. I've still got wiring to do, and some screws to add before the 2m is ready to go and everything is finalized.

I got 2 quarters 1 nickle and 2 pennies out of the factory stereo. It's amazing it could play the CD that's been stuck inside it for over a year. The CD was children's nursery songs. I applied the found 57c to the cost of the upgrade and it unfortunately didn't make a significant difference in the overall expense.
pioneer.jpg

Are you concerned about heat build up with the 2M in the dash? I was scared of that so I went with a remote face unit.

It's usually cold where I wheel, lots of mountain passes and high elevations. I'm not a big talker and I figure I'm usually gonna be on 5w most of the time anyway. There's a good bit of space below the 2m and on each side. I could add a small fan if I think it's getting hot. If I have some kind of meltdown. Then I have an excuse to uprade to a dual band. I almost got a remote face but I wasn't comming up with a place to mount the radio out of the way that had much more venting. I was gonna mount the face where my entire radio is currently. Figured I'd start with an inexpensive radio until I figured out what I wanted.

Sound of the Pioneer is a little better that stock. But not dealing with the tape deck fast forwarding constantly is awsome.

I have a similar Pioneer unit and no longer have Fade to rear speakers. The Sub still works. Guess I need to go back in -
Nice work, something else for me to consider later as I have the room with the same lower slot.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom