Pintle hook for the 80 that will fit with hitch receiver still in place? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

e9999

Gotta get outta here...
Threads
I am trying to find a pintle hook that would fit with my Draw-Tite (IIRC) hitch receiver still in place. Nope, not odd, need to use both for different things and like the protection of the receiver.
I only have 2" between the lower bolts center and the top of the receiver.
Anybody knows of a pintle hook that will fit? Meaning the lower part of the hook is only 2" lower than the lower bolts...
So far no luck.
Any help appreciated!
thanks.

www.etrailer.com/Mechant2/merchant.mv?...

You might have to use a combination (ball and pintle) type hitch. I have a pintle, but like you...if I place the 2" ball in the receiver I can't mount the pintle too.

Hope this link works, if not ..google (combination trailer ball pintle hitch).

Last edited:
flintknapper said:
www.etrailer.com/Mechant2/merchant.mv?...

You might have to use a combination (ball and pintle) type hitch. I have a pintle, but like you...if I place the 2" ball in the receiver I can't mount the pintle too.

Hope this link works, if not ..google (combination trailer ball pintle hitch).

thanks but I don't think the combo would work, they are extending much lower typically.

but good news, I think I found one pintle hook that shows less than 2" protrusion down (at least from eyeballing a drawing), so hopefully that one would fit with the receiver still in place. Its a "Buyersproducts" 5 ton model.

Unfortunately, it is nevertheless possible that the receiver would be in the way of the lunette eye when articulating, in which case I'm scr@erd and would need to remove the receiver everytime I'd use the pintle hook. I could also use a hook that mounts on a plate that fits in the receiver, but that is a convoluted weaker more expensive solution...

I don't get it...are you saying you want to be able to leave the drop in your under bumper hitch AND pull a trailer with your pintle?

Josh83 said:
I don't get it...are you saying you want to be able to leave the drop in your under bumper hitch AND pull a trailer with your pintle?

I want to be able to use for towing a pintle hook attached directly to the bumper, while still keeping the hitch receiver attached to the frame. Best of both worlds.

edit: I think it will work, articulation wise, with the right pintle hook shape.

e,

Why not use a mount on the link that I sent that would utilize your current 2" receiver?

MrZumma said:
e,

Why not use a mount on the link that I sent that would utilize your current 2" receiver?

that would work, but would cost an extra $50 plus, and not as strong. Also would decrease departure angle quite a bit more. That does have the benefit of ajustable height though, but I don't really need that.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom