Pintle hook for the 80 that will fit with hitch receiver still in place? (1 Viewer)

e9999

You want to do what...?

I am trying to find a pintle hook that would fit with my Draw-Tite (IIRC) hitch receiver still in place. Nope, not odd, need to use both for different things and like the protection of the receiver.
I only have 2" between the lower bolts center and the top of the receiver.
Anybody knows of a pintle hook that will fit? Meaning the lower part of the hook is only 2" lower than the lower bolts...
So far no luck.
Any help appreciated!
thanks.

e9999

You want to do what...?

flintknapper said:
www.etrailer.com/Mechant2/merchant.mv?...

You might have to use a combination (ball and pintle) type hitch. I have a pintle, but like you...if I place the 2" ball in the receiver I can't mount the pintle too.

Hope this link works, if not ..google (combination trailer ball pintle hitch).

thanks but I don't think the combo would work, they are extending much lower typically.

e9999

You want to do what...?

but good news, I think I found one pintle hook that shows less than 2" protrusion down (at least from eyeballing a drawing), so hopefully that one would fit with the receiver still in place. Its a "Buyersproducts" 5 ton model.

Unfortunately, it is nevertheless possible that the receiver would be in the way of the lunette eye when articulating, in which case I'm scr@erd and would need to remove the receiver everytime I'd use the pintle hook. I could also use a hook that mounts on a plate that fits in the receiver, but that is a convoluted weaker more expensive solution...

I don't get it...are you saying you want to be able to leave the drop in your under bumper hitch AND pull a trailer with your pintle?

e9999

You want to do what...?

Josh83 said:
I don't get it...are you saying you want to be able to leave the drop in your under bumper hitch AND pull a trailer with your pintle?
I want to be able to use for towing a pintle hook attached directly to the bumper, while still keeping the hitch receiver attached to the frame. Best of both worlds.

edit: I think it will work, articulation wise, with the right pintle hook shape.

e9999

You want to do what...?

MrZumma said:
e,

Why not use a mount on the link that I sent that would utilize your current 2" receiver?
that would work, but would cost an extra $50 plus, and not as strong. Also would decrease departure angle quite a bit more. That does have the benefit of ajustable height though, but I don't really need that.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Top Bottom