pinnacle lift kits (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
JT outfitters offes a 2.5 or 4 inch lift kit that looks like a good price for what is included. They call it the Pinnacle Enginering lift. Is there anyone out there who is running this lift and if so how do you like it? Just getting some opinions before buying a lift kit. Here is a link to the kit http://jtoutfitters.com/product/PES4025

do a search on "pinnacle" and you should get some results...this is "actually" a topic that's come up before (and don't be afraid to bring it back to the top again!)

Overpriced.
I've said it waay too many times and I'll say it again, Skyjacker is the way for SUA lifts, comparitively cheap, rides and performs well. Unless you plan on always running a sua lift, OME is too much money, (and I've heard it can be really bouncy).
But yeah this topic has been hashed over so many times, so read the old threads and if you got questions ask!

you tell him GA. this guy is my personal best friend and he knows that my ride was pretty stiff in the beginning (skyjacker 4inch).
how is the sky2.5? anyone running this or know how soft they are relative to the 4inch?

Engjake has got the SJ 2.5 I believe, and IIRC it was pretty good even out of the box... but I'll let him answer for his own truck.

I can't compare it to a 4" but compared to stock springs before the install and stock springs with an add-a-leaf on my old 76, its a softer ride. And I still haven't really given it a good break in just 5 or 6 rides for an hour or so in the hills. I might be wrong but seems like I read that the 2.5 is actually softer than the 4" because to maintain the height, the 4" lift springs have to be stiffer.

Almost as a rule, the lower the lift, the softer the spring, the increased arc in lift springs also gives them a worse ride.

[quote author=CruisinGA link=board=1;threadid=6129;start=msg49394#msg49394 date=1065758012]
Almost as a rule, the lower the lift, the softer the spring, the increased arc in lift springs also gives them a worse ride.
[/quote]

exactlee....which is one of a few reasons that SOA rigs ride nicely.

Also, don't forget that springs need to be broken in, and riding on the highway isn't gonna do it. A day full of twisting/flexing will break them in and soften them up.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom