Pinion guard / skid plate?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Do these exist? Has anybody made one? I've seen them for the new Toyotas but nothing for the FJ80 9.5". My rear pinion is getting trashed. I don't think I can ever remove the third member without cutting off all the lower bolts as they're bent and ground off. I can easily weld some plates around it but I'd like to be able to remove the third without cutting off all that metal.

This is what I was thinking...anybody?

cGSRP1l.jpg

Found this for the Nissan Patrol. Something like this would be nice although I would weld the mounts to the axle tube so it doesn't shift around.

i5BMsp2.jpg

XLv0pdZ.jpg

If it needs to be. That area seems to get bashed and I also think I may need a cut off to get the two bottom nuts off. :(

Well then? :) I may finally throw some money your way!

You kids need to learn how to wheel! :flipoff2:

<ducking>

(Yes, that seems like a pretty logical piece of armor)

These little shock protectors I installed a while back are DESTROYED. Can't imagine what my shocks would look like without these in place.

15173291952_d439af7214_h.jpg

Rick has been grovelled at for years over the diff guard...he keeps saying it took so long to make, he'd end up paying me for it.

I've asked some others about making one, but I get the brush off each time.
you need a massive brake press, lots of forming by hand, it's frickin huge and heavy, so shipping would be a hassle.

he has custom made bolts holding it on also. Not your typical off the shelf with a little tweak here and there...a boat load of work.

Rick has been grovelled at for years over the diff guard...he keeps saying it took so long to make, he'd end up paying me for it.

I've asked some others about making one, but I get the brush off each time.
you need a massive brake press, lots of forming by hand, it's frickin huge and heavy, so shipping would be a hassle.

he has custom made bolts holding it on also. Not your typical off the shelf with a little tweak here and there...a boat load of work.
So, what, like $12.50?

:lol:

It's definitely a unique piece...

Seems like this is a perfect product for @Dan Fredrickson / RuffStuff to make. I already bugged Dan about it on Pirate but who knows if we'll see one.

You need a massive brake press

My shop has a 200-ton CNC brake. Can bend up to 3/4" rolled steel.

lots of forming by hand

Not sure why. If its engineered correctly then with the laser cuts and the brake it should get it 99% there. I don't see anything that requires anything special. BTW, not saying it wasn't originally engineered well, I'm only going off the photos that Jose put up.

it's frickin huge and heavy, so shipping would be a hassle

This would be true.

he has custom made bolts holding it on also.

CNC lathe can take care of those as well, but I would need to know what they were.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom