PingJing sound deadener (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Crick60

Mr Crick
Threads
Just a quick one:

I just sound put down 2 layers of sound deadener around the gear stick and xcase selector and when I jumped in for the test drive.....instant 200 series sound conversion!

For those playing at home I used the JingPing Butyl rubber damping sound deadener sheet + tiger extreme 8mm acoustic liner.
I got about half a square metre for about $30 shipped and it's got all this fancy Japanese writing all over it (probably something about wide eyes snake oil or some such nonsense).
I put it down all pretty much over the whole box tunnel and into the foot well making sure I got it under the gear stick boots. I just did the clutch so I'm not planning on going near those bolts again.....ever.

All said and done probably the best thing I've done to a 60 since building the roof console and buying a 61 of course.

So that stuff just lays down over the metal (tranny hump) and the carpet rests on top? No glue? How thick is the end result?

Both layers are adhesive backing and yeah sticks to pretty much anything.
The butyl is about 2mm of hard rubber with foil backing and the acoustic dampener is 8mm foam.

Carpet goes down no drama afterwards.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom