• Thread starter cruiser_guy
  • Start date
  • Watchers 0
cruiser_guy

cruiser_guy

Website
wirrell.com
Piggy surgery!!

Getting rid of the rusty "California" roof. The northern FJ55's rust from the bottom up and the southern FJ55's rust from the top down!!
More pic's to come as the work progresses! We hope the new roof is on for New Years. After that comes body work and paint. Then a 3B conversion and mechanicals. We hope to be ready by summer. Donations of FJ55 parts appreciated :D. :cheers:

hammerhead

hammerhead

Re:piggy surgery!!

"Quality time" spent with your children is always a sound investment.

CruisinGA

CruisinGA

[quote author=hammerhead link=board=1;threadid=8787;start=msg75796#msg75796 date=1071472511]
[/quote]
Depends on which side of the equation you're on! :flipoff2: :D

cruiser_guy

cruiser_guy

Website
wirrell.com

[quote author=hammerhead link=board=1;threadid=8787;start=msg75796#msg75796 date=1071472511]
[/quote]

In this case I think my daughter is getting the better end of the deal in the form of a restored diesel powered FJ55!

D

drohweder

Are you sure she wouldn't prefer a restored VW? More power to her is she is on board!

cruiser_guy

cruiser_guy

Website
wirrell.com
Piggy surgery!!

She's never driven anything but 'Cruisers :D ! She's taking forestry in college so her 'Cruiser won't be a pavement princess either (I'm still going to "do it right" on the restoration though)! At least when it's done she won't be borrowing ours all the time :)

Landpimp

Landpimp

Piggy surgery!!

[quote author=cruiser_guy link=board=1;threadid=8787;start=msg76616#msg76616 date=1071622677]
She's never driven anything but 'Cruisers :D ! She's taking forestry in college so her 'Cruiser won't be a pavement princess either (I'm still going to "do it right" on the restoration though)! At least when it's done she won't be borrowing ours all the time :)
[/quote]

Isn't that Rob McGarty's ole 55 from up in Seattle?

very nice to see it get put to good use :)

cruiser_guy

cruiser_guy

Website
wirrell.com

Not as far as I know. The green one has North Dakota registration and rust holes in the floorboards big enough to walk through (solid roof though)!! The red one is up from California basically solid with some very minor rust perforation that has been corrected except for the roof (constant perforation around the entire periphery and around the windsheild) which is being replaced with the green roof and is under way right now!
Landpimp, if you know of any '55 graveyards in Washington let me know as there are a few small things we'll need.

D

drohweder

Excellent. Can't wait to see this thing come together:) Keep us posted!

Poser

Poser

Oh...Durka Durka Durka.
Supporting Vendor
Piggy surgery!!

Looks like a funtime!!

Good luck!

dieselcruiserhead

dieselcruiserhead

Piggy surgery!!

Very very cool! Make sure you take lots of photos! If you don't mind I'd LOVE some of them for my website if that would be OK with you! I just put a Cummins 3.9 liter into my piggie, same thing... Your daughter will have the coolest and safest and most badass rig on the block. I know I would have been drooling all over it if I saw it in some college parking lot, especially if I was in college!

dieselcruiserhead

dieselcruiserhead

Piggy surgery!!

[quote author=dieselcruiserhead link=board=1;threadid=8787;start=msg79415#msg79415 date=1072177509]
Very very cool! Make sure you take lots of photos! If you don't mind I'd LOVE some of them for my website if that would be OK with you! I just put a Cummins 3.9 liter into my piggie, similar thing lots of body work. My piggie if from CA also, fairly straight body but roof rot as well..(!) Your daughter will have the coolest and safest and most badass rig on the block. I know I would have been drooling all over it if I saw it in some college parking lot, especially if I was in college!
[/quote]

cruiser_guy

cruiser_guy

Website
wirrell.com

Well, for those who are interested, the "new" rust free roof is now resting on the body. It must have looked hilarious to the neighbours as we carried the "new" roof from the back yard to the front where the garage and patient is!! I'll be doing the final fitting and welding it on in the next week or so. I'm taking photos as I go but they are not digital so you'll need to be patient.
Andre, any ideas on an altenator for the 3B. I can get the correct one but it's expen$ive ($450+ with vacuum pump)! It's one with the vacuum pump for the brake boost. I've got most everything else from a wrecked '81 BJ60 including wiring harness and air resevoir but someone beat me to the altenator. I want to keep it as "standard" as possible for future service in case my daughter does not live just down the road.

D

drohweder

CG:
Go buy a cheap, low res digital camera. It will pay for itself in developing fees over the course of this rebuild. We are expecting lots of pics:)