Piggy radiator (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Sorry if this is already on here somewhere. I searched and only found threads for lesser vehicles. :)

I'm running a TBI 350 with a 700R4. I need to figure out a better cooling combination than the stock radiator (taurus fan) and a separate trans cooler. Any proven ideas for a good crossflow set-up. I realize the area of the grill opening is a limiting factor, but something more modern and integrated looking would be great. Oh....I have AC too. So that baby OEM unit is taxed... :pig:

I’ve been intrigued by these. The price is right for sure and they come as narrow as 22” core and 25” total width. I’ve read mostly positive reviews. A high volume water pump seems to be helpful.
Unfortunately, I can’t speak from experience. Just something I’ve been considering whenever the time comes.
Cheers!

When the PO had AC installed they changed the OEM radiator out for a Champion. It's a nice looking radiator. Would look less obtrusive powder coated black as that's a lot of aluminum to look at.

Has anyone tried the dual pass Champion? It seems like a sound concept and a lot of racers use them. But there are detractors, of course.

I run a Griffin 28202 on my 6.0L LSx swap. It cools ~350hp with no shroud and just the stock mechanical fan. No matter how hard I've pushed it, the engine sticks at 210F even in Sacramento 100F days.

I've actually got the -T version of the radiator that has the aux cooler to it. I use the aux cooler for the engine oil cooling lines.

Some of the pictures below may be of wrong radiator(bought same size with wrong outlets)
Here is top view of it:
engine_preloom1_sml.JPG

Here is front view:
front_clip2_sml.JPG

Here is inside view:
rad 1.jpg

Here is bottom mount:
radiatorsupport_sml.JPG

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom