Piggy fashion police needed: help color coordinate my interior (1 Viewer)

Lil'John

SILVER Star

I'm in a bit of a quandary on how to flesh out my interior while waiting for parts for the engine/drivetrain:eek:

The way it sits now is:

• Inside body is all white. It will get a bunch of sound deadening material placed on it then painted. Eventually I'd like carpet in the passenger half.
  • Outside is two tone: white and nebula green. Fender lips, rocker guards, frame, and bumpers are flat black.
  • Dash is flat black with the wood accents. Dash pad will be either a stock replacement or a matching wood replacement
  • I've got SOR beige replacement headliner along with visor covers.
  • I've got gray Tacoma 60/40 bench seat. Seat is recoverable but there is a lot of gray plastic pieces. I'm using the matching seat belts.
  • Rear is some funky melody of colors. Definitely getting recovered. No plastic parts to worry about.
  • No door panels or grab handles
Aside from the above, I'm contemplating swapping the stock rear view mirror for a Tacoma unit

I couldn't coordinate myself out of a bag:lol:

So the question begs, how do I make this work?

The temptation is to go with gray seats, door panels/grab handles, and carpet(when it comes) then have the headliner, visors, and rear view mirror beige.

Cost is a partial consideration but so is making sure it looks right.

Any opinions?

Pighead

Stop calling it an FJ

My rear view mirror was gray.
For color scheme, I prefer basic black, with patches of sand and splotches of mud.
Also like to think that form follows function and the color doesn't matter much.
And "Piggy fashion police" is a myth, there's no such thing.
"Color coordinate"? Maybe you need a 100 series...and don't forget the feng shui...

Lil'John

SILVER Star

My rear view mirror was gray.
For color scheme, I prefer basic black, with patches of sand and splotches of mud.
Also like to think that form follows function and the color doesn't matter much.
And "Piggy fashion police" is a myth, there's no such thing.
"Color coordinate"? Maybe you need a 100 series...and don't forget the feng shui...
:lol::lol:Very true... but I'm trying for semi matching:lol::lol:

I talked myself out of an 80 series... no way on a 100 series:hillbilly:

As for the feng shui, I'm covered with the wood... although I guess I could add a little bonsai tree in the center console:lol:

I ended up going white and black on this inside. If I would of found tan then I'd be going white and tan. You could always go with black on the door and rear side panels and add a little green piping or designs to match your outside color. I thought about adding a little pumpkin orange to the inside but who knows when the outside will get painted. For now black and white and whatever color the SOR headliner is (beige I think). I'm still looking for a nice set of black floormats that can take some abuse and don't look like crap.

nuclearlemon

not an addict

what shade of gray? are you planning on a rig that's kept clean, or a trail rig? i always thought light gray would be nice

Lil'John

SILVER Star

This rig is going to be multipurpose... it is going to be my daily driver rig as well as my go on Rubicon or Fordyce. More or less a "show-n-go" type rig. I'm not looking for perfect show quality just a nice clean look.

So the "factory" gray of the Tacoma bench seat that is in there could be used throughout and it wouldn't get too destroyed.

Outside is some sort of white and nebula green with black grill/accents. My intention is to paint/bedline all the lower sheetmetal white. The rear panels will be steel/aluminum and painted/bedlined white also.

Gray seat:

Outside:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Top Bottom