Piggy cage (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
At the invite from clemmons55, I will share the info on the cage with the brotherin here. It is all 2" dom tubing, that will be at some point attached to the frame. One of the shops in my home town in Oregon let me use there tubing bender after hours, to bend it up. This isn't a very good picture of it, but I am on the road working and had a disk from running the con 2 years ago. It is attached the floor at ten points, the third hoop back is connected to a hoop that spans over the rear wheel well. The four bucket seats are on spanners that are connected to the cage. It really helped stiffin things up after cutting the top off, it's welded to the door pillars. If you guys have any question let me know.
15 (2).jpg

More pics!!!

I agree more pics, but you can finish the whole work thing first of course. Can you show us how the seats are attached and also where you went over the rear wheel well. I would definitely make getting it attached to the frame a priority.

hhhmmmm....now to figure out how to get that inside my cruiser...

very nice cage
are you going to ues your hard top(if it still fits) for winter?
Or are you going to make a soft top

Oh yeah more pics would be awesome if you can

I will post up more picks as soon as I get the silver star, ran out of pic space. As you can see in pic, the door post are welded to cage to keep the doors square. I welded in plates where I cut the top off to cap and to span over to cage. As far as the seats, there is a bar that runs from second hoop at 6" high to the front hoop(floor level" in a "S" shape on both sides. And then two spanners that run left to right 16" apart, then 3"x1/4" plate(2 per seat)running front to back to mount seats on. The second hoop is arched back for head clearance, looses a little strenth but saves my melon. Right now the footings are 4"x4", I plan on replacing the whole floor pan this fall and then connecting to frame.

The idea when I built it was to modify the top to fit on for the snow runs. But sense then I moved, and ditch the roof. I will probily have a soft top build latter if I cant find another top. This cage was built with the top still connected. So those of you in stock form, I't can be done.
Thanks Joel :cheers:

This cage was built with the top still connected. So those of you in stock form, I't can be done.
Thanks Joel :cheers:[/QUOTE]

Yes their is hope thank you

Very nice I knew it coule be done with a top I have even talked to metaltech about it. But hes so busy with the 40 stuff I dont know if/when that will come to fruition. I would love to build one if I can get a bender.

FYI Cages

For those in and around Western Slope of Colorado. I just found a shop that makes cages for 55's. Proffitt's Cruisers in Delta, CO. reasonable prices too.

They also make BOMB-PROOF bumber/sliders
Dee-lish-ous

This week I will be reconnected with my pig(I'm here and it's there). We are going to be running the sand dunes in Coos bay, Oregon area. I will be able to take more pics of the the back and cage area's.

It's been awhile, but I think it was 18" I bobbed off.

cruiserland said:
I am working on 55 and 60 cages here in New Hampshire. We can build a custom cage for any application. here is a cage in an 80 I did.

Nice would love to see more pics of that....A kit would be SWEEET for us pig guys!

yeah, what he said. i wouldn't mind a cage in both the 60 and the pig, eventually.

cruiserland said:
I am working on 55 and 60 cages here in New Hampshire. We can build a custom cage for any application. here is a cage in an 80 I did.

you can just tell Chris that those 80s are sissy wagons :)

bk

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom