Wanted Pig wanted - Located in FL (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

I have been monitoring mud/clist/ebay for a classic cruiser and seen a few but havent found the right one

Against my better judgement I find myself drawn to the rarer, often more rusty 55s over the more readily available 40/60/70 series

Located in San Diego Tampa FL - if your cruiser if able to be driven back to Tampa without it blowing up, then you are in my buying area :D

Budget up to $20k (could go over as well)

Looking for a weekend driver with good bones. Not looking for your incomplete project.
Prefer original over modded / restored. Obviously at my budget not in the market for a top of the line restomod or perfect condition survivor.

Pm or post links here, thanks!

Last edited:
There is a green 1969 55 series on ebay that belongs to a mud member. I can attest that is an original Texas pig and awesome original shape ( a friend of mine found this last year and I passed it along to the present owner). If you need his contact info let me know or bid to win on ebay.

That was/is my green one. It's in Boston though. Needs electrical gremlins sorted otherwise in good nick

I'm east coast, but getting a little more serious about letting go of my 55. It originally came from Oregon, then made it's way to the east coast by way of Colorado. I've had it about a year and a half.. If I keep it, it's getting body work and paint with an interior refresh but I don't know that I want to go through the process. Link below

For Sale - 1977 FJ55 - testing the waters

I have been monitoring mud/clist/ebay for a classic cruiser and seen a few but havent found the right one

Against my better judgement I find myself drawn to the rarer, often more rusty 55s over the more readily available 40/60/70 series

Located in San Diego - if your cruiser if able to be driven back to SD without it blowing up, then you are in my buying area :D.

Budget up to $15k (could go over as well)

Looking for a weekend driver with good bones. Not looking for your incomplete project.
Prefer original over modded / restored. Obviously at my budget not in the market for a top of the line restomod or perfect condition survivor.

My son has a 1970 fj55 that he and his brother have been driving for the last 6 years as their main around town car. It’s been great for them. He made a comment that maybe he’d like to sell it and get a older vw van.

My son has a 1970 fj55 that he and his brother have been driving for the last 6 years as their main around town car. It’s been great for them. He made a comment that maybe he’d like to sell it and get a older vw van.
Do your sons have any pics? How many miles? How does it run? I'm in Sierra Madre, btw, and very interested. And apparently we have the same last name! Thanks.

Nice - Pretty sure I drove by them northbound by El Camino Real. Nice looking rig!

Do your sons have any pics? How many miles? How does it run? I'm in Sierra Madre, btw, and very interested. And apparently we have the same last name! Thanks.
Ya he does or can get you some, it runs great, both my sons have used it as their main car the last 7-8 years. Can you text me at(949) 547-0238

Is this the pig with the black front end? I think I’ve left notes to buy it and maybe even talked to you in person before. Ended up finding a local ‘70 myself that I bought a couple years back and have been nursing back to life!

Warde -

I am getting ready to sell a complete, running 1972 FJ55, located in Los Angeles, and I thought I'd reach out to this post first.

My Pig may fall into the "incomplete project" bucket, but it is in good running shape with a strong 1F and solid transmission. The drivability issue is brakes (a few wheel cylinders are shot).

If you are interested I'd be happy to send you some pics. My plan is to put together a posting I can use here, other forums, and CL etc. Let me know if you would like a first look.

Thanks,

Pigherder

Warde -

I am getting ready to sell a complete, running 1972 FJ55, located in Los Angeles, and I thought I'd reach out to this post first.

My Pig may fall into the "incomplete project" bucket, but it is in good running shape with a strong 1F and solid transmission. The drivability issue is brakes (a few wheel cylinders are shot).

If you are interested I'd be happy to send you some pics. My plan is to put together a posting I can use here, other forums, and CL etc. Let me know if you would like a first look.

Thanks,

Pigherder
Did you sell this?

Havent checked this thread in awhile - mostly since I moved from Socal!

now looking for one in FL / southeast

Havent checked this thread in awhile - mostly since I moved from Socal!

now looking for one in FL / southeast
I have one that is not quite ready to sale yet. Just thought I’d give you a heads up if you haven’t found one by the time it’s finished. Located in Alabama

Located in San Diego Tampa FL - if your cruiser if able to be driven back to Tampa without it blowing up, then you are in my buying area :D

Budget up to $20k (could go over as well)

i am rebuilding my 1971 fj55. It has 38,000 miles on it. It has some rust, front floor pan, drip rail, rear inside door jam, not bad though. It was from Alabama.
Rebuilt carb, new brakes, brake booster, brake reservoir, gas tank cleaned, degreased and resealed, hoses belts and a hd winch. When my mechanic is finished with it I will run it and check the engine seals for leaks. I might be willing to let it go. I live in DeLand Florida.

4656CB00-A3B1-4811-9092-0D48C4E0EDE1.jpeg

49AA4F36-8330-442D-B4C2-315AA2FAEC4E.jpeg

66AD92E5-73EC-4DE7-A8DC-F7940C70B87A.jpeg

1C5C3860-23FF-44E1-A15D-846322C85C8D.jpeg

2BCE688D-F9F9-443D-B30A-F4E75FEE0314.jpeg

i am rebuilding my 1971 fj55. It has 38,000 miles on it. It has some rust, front floor pan, drip rail, rear inside door jam, not bad though. It was from Alabama.
Rebuilt carb, new brakes, brake booster, brake reservoir, gas tank cleaned, degreased and resealed, hoses belts and a hd winch. When my mechanic is finished with it I will run it and check the engine seals for leaks. I might be willing to let it go. I live in DeLand Florida.

View attachment 2045499

View attachment 2045500

View attachment 2045501

View attachment 2045503

View attachment 2045507
Looks good. i'll keep it in mind!

I forgot to add that the suspension will be redone. I have decided to do the paint and body work. Of course that will drive the price up.

I forgot to add that the suspension will be redone. I have decided to do the paint and body work. Of course that will drive the price up.

Ahh, too bad you are painting it. It looks so good.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom