Events/Trails Pig Party 2021💥🎉💥 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

If the RTT works out this year I was thinking I would get the annex that goes with it. A nice split level condo pig. Would be good for more sleepers and changing room, or dining out of the elements and bugs if needed.

If the RTT works out this year I was thinking I would get the annex that goes with it. A nice split level condo pig. Would be good for more sleepers and changing room, or dining out of the elements and bugs if needed.

We have the annex. Haven’t used it a lot except for multi day stays in one place. It is handy for all the reasons you mentioned.
The zip in room serves the same purpose. It also has screens on three sides under the solid covers. Added advantage is five minute setup for quick shade using just the awning. Useful for lunch stops etc.
Annex was included with the tent when we bought it used. If I was starting from scratch I’d consider the awning and room a real option to the annex.

Looks pretty nice, Jim👍 Can you post a pic of that awning/tent packed away on the roof? At your leisure, of course, good sir.
Awning rolls up into a zip bag mounted to the rack. Zip on room stores in a separate bag shown up on the roof rack in this pic from last year’s PP.

EC5A1996-1362-4D81-9F69-E64CD10458DB.jpeg

Is there a tentative route/plan on locations and dates? We have to plan to meet up with our girls . Or at least do we know where and when the feast will be?

Bob, sorry to hear that. I may be missing if motor not completed this week(which I don't expect), headliner install in a week, new seats from Corbeau, I guess I should have went with a easier motor build......naw! but it will be sad if it does not come together

I have been watching in the wings. Between work and a knee replacement (7weeks ago) brain was over loaded. Waking up from it all.
Do believe I can make it, so planning to bar unforeseen #*&$*

Thanks to all involved in putting a plan together. It there a rendezvous location that I can plan on arriving to and a refresh of the dates. Weekend of the 25th. And a second meet on the next weekend for others???

time to look at a map and plan a route. Going to be interesting finding stopping points to get there with all the new “overlanders, boondockers, stealth campers, barflys, runaways and remote office workers” on the loose fo summer break. Probably going to just find a ditch here and there for some quick shut eye. Might even be cheaper and less crowded at a no tell motel.

Best to all
G

We are meeting tomorrow to get some concrete plans in place for you all. More to come soon.
Awesome Dan! Thank you guys for all the time you are putting in on this for us!

Looking forward to hearing more.

I will most likely head your way Friday, 25 Jun in the early morning, get there 6 hours later.

We can leave as early as the 23rd and take a couple of days to get there, arriving late on the 24th. Would also offer to caravan up with any of the CA folks coming via I-15/I-70. It'd be a long day from southern CA but we could then do a more relaxed drive from GJ to wherever it's decided we should meet up. Couple of bedrooms available first come, first served. Also very nice easy access camping at a state park just off I-70 along the river and a little more distant (8 mi.) in the red rocks atop the Colorado National Monument. Be helpful to settle a SC meetup spot for planning purposes.
Our schedule is totally flexible going and coming. At this point planning on both weekends with a side trip in between.

I am currently penciling leaving CA on the 20th. Not sure if I will use a northern route to start or a southern route. I know for sure I don’t want to go through Vegas.

And yes a rendezvous date and location will help. A previous mention of Dan working on this. Thank you Dan. No pressure as it always seems to come together at the right time.

Bob, wish I could loop around and pick you up on the way.. Unfortunately I am unable to circumnavigate the continental US to help out. Currently still working on circumnavigating my house.

Again, best to all

Added a couple map books to the quiver. Doesn’t mean I won’t get lost.
Think I’m going to go north to first stop Truckee area, then Salt lake area, then midway across Wyoming some where around Gillette, that’s gets me to about half a day to central South Dakota or where ever the meet site is. After any or all pig slopping will head south through Colorado, Arizona, New Mexico and then back to CA.

or F#$&@ the maps and let the pig go free form it.. Figure I will probably stay lost for 3 weeks.

look forward to seeing fellow pig lovers

DF4FFC1F-2463-44FF-9D4A-BC0DDE113260.jpeg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom