Events/Trails Pig Party 2021💥🎉💥 (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Only 2,749 miles round trip on our part. A pittance compared to Gordobe. 562 miles yesterday from Hot Springs SD to Grand Junction broken up by a few gas stops and a mid afternoon meal in Casper. A long haul in a 47-year-old vehicle. Thankful for F150 captains chairs with adjustable lumbar support and the overdrive that makes 75-80 mph cruising possible. But a/c has got to be next!

Day 16
Drove to Cody today. A small potion of the drive was through a beautiful gorge that a picture wouldn’t express it assets. 5 tunnels in a row had some entertainment to it especially trying to take the pics an drive. Tomorrow I’ll make sure my windshield is clean and try using my dash tablet instead.

Heard good things about the Buffalo Bill museum so spent sometime there. Some really great western art and bronze sculptures. Indian stuff over embellished under respected. But the gun collection is extremely impressive.

Try to get good pics in the Tetons tomorrow

1FA5EE0A-0A56-4AE1-9740-40C913926830.jpeg

EE24AF02-6A00-45F8-868A-1F0967BD41A5.jpeg

2D998EAD-C296-4BF4-B9B1-D6F2BBCD4C06.jpeg

144661E5-2B94-41FF-98B2-DBA144DC5C54.jpeg

Some of you all were asking about the 3FE I am running in Miss Javelina and fuel consumption.

I had all my receipts from gas stations for the Pig Party, and ran my GPS for the entire trip.
I purchased 69.390 gallons, and covered 1370 miles.
By my math that equals 19.7 MPG.

I was pretty surprised. That was everything - running 80+ MPH on the interstate, and crawling through mud and uphill in 4Lo.

Not bad.

If anything, that is a conservative # as I was not completely full when I left the driveway with the GPS on.
You had to have missed a gas receipt or 4. I have 2F. 3FE, 2UZ. None come remotely close to 19. Hell my 200 gets 14.

I had a bright orange shirt on. He eyed my like I was his next meal!
Are you in the pig with the motor with the Fancy pistons? Was wondering how the engine runs now

You had to have missed a gas receipt or 4.
@fj55-100 and I just spent 4 days running those roads at 80MPH+ and probably averaged high 70's to low 80's, I know how hard we pushed and what's under our hoods. It would be interesting to see the 3FE that that ran those roads at 80+. I'm not here to call anyone out just saying that's an impressive 3FE...

Are you in the pig with the motor with the Fancy pistons?
@Gordobe hotrod engine was a beast, if I was a Toyota nerd I would build one just like it.

Mine is getting about 16-17 on the highway at 70-75. My mixed average is 14.5 probably 60/40 hwy to city. I am still on my startup tune and think I am leaving some power and mpg on the table. Still only 350 miles on the motor, maybe it will settle in more.

I’m certainly not calling him a liar. It’s just quite literally 80% better than my manual tranny, fully Desmog 3FE. If I cruise 65 it will get about 15 but 80 and 8 both make it drop to 10-11.

I’m certainly not calling him a liar. It’s just quite literally 80% better than my manual tranny, fully Desmog 3FE. If I cruise 65 it will get about 15 but 80 and 8 both make it drop to 10-11.

Every dash pic you post has a 1F/2F/3FE revved out to 3500+ RPM and/or a 200 series close to the speed limiter.

I bet you do get piss poor MPGs.

(or have you corrected for tire size?)

Every dash pic you post has a 1F/2F/3FE revved out to 3500+ RPM and/or a 200 series close to the speed limiter.

I bet you do get piss poor MPGs.

(or have you corrected for tire size?)
Yeah. I’m pretty anal about my MPG testing. Yeah I run em but not always like that at all. You win the MPG war with those numbers.

Are you in the pig with the motor with the Fancy pistons? Was wondering how the engine runs now
The engine has been running great. The essential element to the pistons was the custom Carrillo rods. The 6 new rods are 16 pounds lighter then the factory rods. That’s 16 pounds that the crank shaft does not have to throw around at 3500 rpm. It revs extremely smoothly and quiet even at 4000 rpm.

For PP21 I ran it 6045 miles and used 584.8 gals of fuel in 21 days. There were many days that I charged along at a steady 75 but other days varied as I took mostly obscure curvy highways. I few times while day dreaming I’d look down and see 80, one time I notice 83. Even in the extreme heat the temp and oil pressure ran normal.

Sorry for the lack of photos as I spent the last 4 days going west from Cody to the Pacific Ocean then south to Ojai, CA. (1900 miles). Got home last night at 7:30. I took lots of photos so I need to sort through and select the best.

Spent today cleaning and shelving all interior gear so I can do a thorough interior dust cleaning. Tomorrow start the de-muddying of the exterior and undercarriage.

hope everyone else made it home safe.

The engine has been running great. The essential element to the pistons was the custom Carrillo rods. The 6 new rods are 16 pounds lighter then the factory rods. That’s 16 pounds that the crank shaft does not have to throw around at 3500 rpm. It revs extremely smoothly and quiet even at 4000 rpm.

For PP21 I ran it 6045 miles and used 584.8 gals of fuel in 21 days. There were many days that I charged along at a steady 75 but other days varied as I took mostly obscure curvy highways. I few times while day dreaming I’d look down and see 80, one time I notice 83. Even in the extreme heat the temp and oil pressure ran normal.

Sorry for the lack of photos as I spent the last 4 days going west from Cody to the Pacific Ocean then south to Ojai, CA. (1900 miles). Got home last night at 7:30. I took lots of photos so I need to sort through and select the best.

Spent today cleaning and shelving all interior gear so I can do a thorough interior dust cleaning. Tomorrow start the de-muddying of the exterior and undercarriage.

hope everyone else made it home safe.
Sounds like a heckuvva post-PP2021 trip...I'm jealous. Look forward to the pics and learning your routing. Great to see you again and share some campsites and trails. If you need any extra South Dakota dust. topsoil or gravel I can send you some from my driveway.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom