Events/Trails Pig Party 2021💥🎉💥 (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

We use primarily HAM radios for communication. Cell service is patchy in most of these areas.
I bought a handheld and know pretty much nothing about it. Will we be able to program in Custer or do you have a frequency I can try to plug in?

I read up a bit more. I can't make new channels without using Chirp, but I can dial in a frequency on the fly. So I guess we should be fine.

We'll leave for SD on Wednesday of next week. Taking the scenic route via Steamboat Springs, camping somewhere between the Boat and Laramie and then on to Custer on Thursday. We can sleep in Friday before meeting everyone at noontime for the great adventure. Custer State Park looks like it's booked up so we'll try one of the commercial campgrounds unless someone local has a better idea.

This place has live music and food in Custer. There are a few rv campgrounds right behind it or there is beaver creek campground about 45 min from Custer on highway 16 if there is first come first serve availability. Thursday night you should have a good chance. Come through Newcastle wyo and it’s on the way. So is jewel cave which is pretty cool.

Question for our brave guides...Do you think there will be a need for a chainsaw dealing with dead fall?

I always have a my little top handle saw for firewood, but if you wanna rip some chain bring it! By this time of year most of the winter fall has been cleared.

image.jpg

Here’s a link to Jewel cave if any of you guys arrive early. It’s kind of touristy but cool nonetheless.

Redgrrr,

Do you know if there's fire ban at this time?

Currently no fire ban the fires must be in grates At campgrounds or on private property. For Remote camping we are gonna try and bring some sort of propane fire pit.

Really appreciate the links and your willingness to show us around your backyard. Looking forward to meeting you in a few days.
Jim

Safe travels!

Yes, thank you Redgrrr for taking the time to set us up..

loaded the last of the food and clothes. Ready to depart for Truckee Monday am
Keep us posted. Jealous of your route. Been way too long since we’ve been in the Truckee/Tahoe area.
If you’re around Elko at dinner time DO NOT miss the Star Hotel feast.

If you’re around Elko at dinner time DO NOT miss the Star Hotel feast.
You have no idea how many times I have gone through Elko at the wrong time of day:frown:

This place has live music and food in Custer. There are a few rv campgrounds right behind it or there is beaver creek campground about 45 min from Custer on highway 16 if there is first come first serve availability. Thursday night you should have a good chance. Come through Newcastle wyo and it’s on the way. So is jewel cave which is pretty cool.

I always have a my little top handle saw for firewood, but if you wanna rip some chain bring it! By this time of year most of the winter fall has been cleared.

View attachment 2709137
If you go through Newcastle, Wayback burger has a tasty burger and shake...

J Mack...a couple of us are planning to stick around to greet latecomers over the 4th of July weekend. Will we have any company?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom