Events/Trails Pig Party 2020💥🎉💥 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

When I hit Needles on the return trip from PP18 at 4:00 in the afternoon the thermometer billboard said 125 degrees F.
This is in the pig that blew a head gasket going through Palmdale on the way to PP18

I was just thinking about putting out the question for PP2020. I have been really busy and was happy to see the chatter. I will be there no matter where it is. Just try not to make it too hot, or a KOA next to a rail yard.

ill make it- if someone else takes my beast home with them after...

I was just thinking about putting out the question for PP2020. I have been really busy and was happy to see the chatter. I will be there no matter where it is. Just try not to make it too hot, or a KOA next to a rail yard.

Awesome man👍 Was wondering if you’d chime in soon, hadn’t heard from you in a while.

So is everyone (for the most part) happy with the dates? Something like the 16th (Tuesday) or 17th (Wednesday) through the 21st (Sunday)? Nothing set in stone, but this is about the traditional time frame. If you have an alternative, post it up here and we’ll take a look and talk about it. What we come up with should appeal to the majority. Unfortunately, no one timeframe will work for everyone.

Traditional dates are fine. Open to changes if different timing works better for others or makes it possible to consider alternate locations.

When I get my pig done I’ll come down to one of these, but next year it won’t be...we are taking the kids South with the travel trailer during summer break.

:popcorn:

Well since there’s been no offering up of alternative dates, we’ll just keep it as is.

As far as location, this year leading up to the event we’re going to have 2 or 3 options open in case our first choice is a bust. Once we get within about 90 days from our party, we can check on the conditions of our top pick. If it’s good to go, then that’s where we’ll go. If there’s 8 feet of snow, we’ll move on to option #2 and so on. This should keep us from having a last minute scramble.

This will also be a “base camp” type of get-together in an area with plenty of trail options and alternative activity options if possible. The roving camp was cool, but had its drawbacks, mainly in the form of having to be continuously stuck in the vehicles driving the entire time. A base camp allows people the option to chill the heck out for a day and do something else (or nothing at all!), and also gives stragglers a known destination point in case they don’t make day 1.

So cool to see Mssr @RUSH55 getting down to it for PP '20! Very cool...

Work has been a little special brand of crazy, so I have not had much time in here lately.

I like the idea of having a few different locations selected.

I always love the Summer Solstice when the days are longest, but that time can make for some hot days, depending where we choose. I know that is why the Uintas E of Park City UT had appeal due to their elevation, shade and water.

One thing to consider for next year - Father's Day is 21 Jun (Solstice is 20 Jun) next year. Seems kind of late. I don't know who picks these dates? Not sure how this will factor into people's thinking. I always like being with my :princess: and boy for Father's Day, she always treats me right. If the location is right for family vacationing, that could work.

Ditto on the Father’s Day timing
Two weeks earlier would be my preference

Well Colorado is the obviously the best place for a real Land Cruiser FJ55 Jamboree.
Should be based in Durango. You just can't beat the high altitude San Juan Mountain Spruce infested forested very high altitude trails here. I mean Black Bear pass to Telluride...Million Dollar Highway Silverton to Ouray. So many high altitude trails here... I mean really.

That would be awesome if it’s not frozen over

Early June, meaning June 3rd (Wednesday) to June 7th (Sunday)? This would be 2 weeks prior to the original dates. Better dates?

To throw a wrench in the works, is everyone sure they’re good with June and not an earlier month like May or April? I’m looking at the last week in April into the first of May if someone likes the idea of something earlier. This gives the potential for some more comfortable lower elevation camping.

I was just checking on this thread. Been really busy but wanted to get planned for this. June 3 doesn't work for me because Peyton doesn't get out of school till the 9th and her birthday is on the 11th. I guess early June doesn't really work for the Doomer crew. Maybe this is the year I do the PNW trip and see some new states. I still need to that the motor sitting next to the Doomer and put it INTO the Doomer.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom