Pictures of your weber 38 carb setup (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

blunt

More ambition than motivation
Threads
I just received my new weber 38 carb and am having trouble figuring out the linkage. It is not the cable style but is the rod linkage. The way that the rods would have to be routed does not seem to work out. I was hoping that I could see the way that other people have made it work on their cruisers to get some ideas.

Thanks in advance.

BTW it is a 2f out of a 76 in a 73 chasis.

Yes, it was built in 9/73 and it has linkage for the pedal and the choke is cable. The PO must have changed it over because the cutoff should be around 10/73.

I hate that 9/73 thing. Mine was also 9/73, but was it the early or late part of the month?

It seems like it's either 9/73 and earlier or 9/73 later, which doesn't seem to be an exact differentiation. Why isn't it 9/73 and earlier and 10/73 and later? You know what I mean?

Anyone?

Doesn't the weber kit replace whatever throttle linkage with a new supplied cable and you don't use OEM pieces other than the pedal?

when i bought my weber, i thought it came with the adapter for the rod linkage.
you can prolly call weber,i bet they'd send you one.

honk said:
Doesn't the weber kit replace whatever throttle linkage with a new supplied cable and you don't use OEM pieces other than the pedal?

That's how mine is. I actually broke my cable a few weeks ago . Nobody had a generic throttle cable, and I didn't want a bike cable. So I used one for a garage door. Should be strong enough.

Pics???...anyone???

naw i dont have pics as i yanked the weber out the w/e after i installed it and put the aisin back on. with slight mods i was able to use the factory linkage.

RHINO said:
naw i dont have pics as i yanked the weber out the w/e after i installed it and put the aisin back on. with slight mods i was able to use the factory linkage.

What about the weber did you not like? I have heard that people either love them or hate them, there does not seem to be any middle ground on the issue.

Do you have any of the original throttle linkage, other than the pedal?

In a 09/73- on the linkage would consist of these pieces...

There should be a pivot support bolted to the firewall, another pivot support bolted to the manifold with the carb mounting studs, a link that attaches the carb to the main middle pivot piece, the main pivot piece itself, and the link from the pedal to the main pivot....

did you get my pm?

blunt said:
What about the weber did you not like?

i really liked it on the road, but it lacked bigtime off road, i could've prolly done some minor improvements for that, but the aisin only gives up a little on road and is buttery smooth off road if its tuned well.
the weber will go on the stock pig, it'll be a good carb for the street and mild off roading.

Thanks for the help Steve, and everyone else. I think I now know what I need to make this work.

Last edited:
Do you have any of the original throttle linkage, other than the pedal?

In a 09/73- on the linkage would consist of these pieces...

There should be a pivot support bolted to the firewall, another pivot support bolted to the manifold with the carb mounting studs, a link that attaches the carb to the main middle pivot piece, the main pivot piece itself, and the link from the pedal to the main pivot....

did you get my pm?
Is there a way to adapt the weber to the stock linkage? I have a 9/73 I bought the pedal kit but I am not excited about using it.

Here is mine in a 12/72 which everyone tells me is a 1973. Mine has a cable. Hope the pic helps. FYI... I got my set up from TPI 4X4 and they supplied the cable that replaced my stock cable. I was very happy with the service and price. Send me a PM if you have any other questions I might be able to help.

DSC_0028.JPG

Carb 1.JPG

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom