Pictures of Switchpro control pad mounting locations? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

CharlieS

GOLD Star
Threads
Can those of you that are using a SwitchPro share pictures of your mounting locations, and any info about parts you used to mount it?

I found an old post in the 100 series forum where Slee ran theirs in the ashtray, but I can't seem to find anyone having done that in the 200. That'd be a great spot since I haven't ever used the ashtray for anything.

I also see the sunglass holder here and there, and understand there are mounting adapters (4Runner 3rd Gen?) that fit there. (ExE 3rd Gen Tacoma Switch Pros panel bracket.) I find that spot useful for sunglasses though...

I saw a nice clean setup for the kick panel to the right of the steering wheel ('08-Current 200 Series Toyota Landcruiser SDHQ Built Keypad Panel Mounting System). I have my redarc tow controller there and don't want to relocate it unless I have to.

I like the SwitchPro, but I'm looking for mounting ideas before I buy, and would be appreciative of anything you can share.

I blatantly stole the Slee idea.

Check out SDHQ in Gilbert, AZ. They've got a couple of builds on their website with pics of the SwitchPro. They also sell a plate specific to the 200 LC.

Meadows Build

I think I've seen Meadow's on the forum.

Ha...timing couldn't better. Working on the exact same issue.

I wonder if the curved portion of this could be modified (like with a dremel) to open up some other mounting options: SP Overhead Mount

I exchanged emails with Jeff at Expedition Essentials (who makes a 3rd gen tacoma sunglass setup for the switchpro), and he's about to start work on a bracket made specifically for the LC sunglass holder. I think this is the direction I'll probably go.

How did people move the pre-collision button to the other side when using the SDHQ mount? Is there enough wire to move the button or did you need to extend the wire in order to move the button from the right side of the steering wheel to the left side?

The Switchpros is such a nice (but pricey!) piece of kit. I should have gotten it long ago.

Can't answer your questions as my interior is different but I'm installing one at the moment too.

How did people move the pre-collision button to the other side when using the SDHQ mount? Is there enough wire to move the button or did you need to extend the wire in order to move the button from the right side of the steering wheel to the left side?
Sorry, I can't help. I went for a home made mount where the ash tray goes.
image.jpg

I had other plans for the place the SQHD mount goes. My LRA tank switch will go there as well (arriving in August container).
image.jpg

Good question. Maybe SDHQ can answer. This is the route I’m taking this summer.

I actually just called SDHQ, they said there was enough wire to just relocate the button to the other side.

I just installed the switch pros last night and there is not enough wire to move the switch in a 2016 LC. I had to cut the wires and extend them by 1.5 ft to move the pre-collision button to the left switch panel location.

I’ll post up some pics..... but I mounted mine near the sunroof switches. Tried to mount in the sun glass holder and have it fold back up, but could not get that to work. It’s accessible but out of the way and I can easily see what I’m turning on/off. Not knocking the SDHQ mount, I’m just not able to see the switches by my knee - it’s really Toyota’s fault....

I have a ‘19 Ford Superduty and all the controls and buttons are much more accessible and laid out better.

I had Slee make me a custom bracket in the sunglass holder.

I’m very pleased with it. Solid, accessible, easily visible... and stealth. It is screwed into place (on the sides), and the sunglass holder (at least on the 2020) is solid when down. Ben mentioned in passing that the wire routing was very doable (no sharp bends or pinched wires).

I’m pretty sure they did the bracket in CAD, and could make more if requested.

F9B0B2D4-3005-4226-9AC4-FB4635C2DF1B.jpeg

I exchanged emails with Jeff at Expedition Essentials (who makes a 3rd gen tacoma sunglass setup for the switchpro), and he's about to start work on a bracket made specifically for the LC sunglass holder. I think this is the direction I'll probably go.
I went down this path last year. Ordered the 3rd gen Tacoma one from Expedition Essentials and it didn't fit our sunglass holder. Exchanged messages with @Hurndog who had a prototype from them that did work. Traded emails with Jeff (who said they would productize) but didn't get any further updates

FWIW - I have mine nestled in the sunglasse holder but it's not ideal as it sits low and hard to quickly access the lower switches (i.e. turning on/off a light bar).

I saw Slee had also done a custom mount for the sunglass holder and contacted Cristo but there are no immediate plans to productize it for sale. Also looked at that nice Slee build commissioned by Ed Martin and it has a Switch Pro mount located on the left side, between the AC vent and other OEM switches. You can buy that one. I'm heading out to Slee later in the summer (LRA and Slee rear bumper install) and will relocate my Switch Pro to left dash unless a better Sunglass holder option becomes available.

I had Slee make me a custom bracket in the sunglass holder.

I’m very pleased with it. Solid, accessible, easily visible... and stealth. It is screwed into place (on the sides), and the sunglass holder (at least on the 2020) is solid when down. Ben mentioned in passing that the wire routing was very doable (no sharp bends or pinched wires).

I’m pretty sure they did the bracket in CAD, and could make more if requested.

View attachment 2437547
Yep, I asked Cristo for one and they have not decided yet to productize.... Bummer.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom