Pictures of silver powder coated factory alloys? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I want to powder coat a few sets of my 80 stock wheels and make them look as original as possible. Anyone else with the same desire have a picture of how their wheels turned out? Thanks

DougM

silver powdercoated wheels

powdercoated silver.jpg

I had a set of five factory wheels sandblasted and powdercoated silver. They turned out nice, but I am going to paint them flat black and use the powdercoating as a good basecoat to hold the flat black. I may mount them up sometime in the next week on my black truck to see how they look before pulling the black paint trigger!
Hope this image helped.
powdercoated silver.jpg

Doug, if you're looking for the closest powder coat match to the OEM color, use DuPont Silver Star Metallic. If the place you use to PC your wheels has access to Silberline products, they can add SILBERCOTE® PC 8153X Aluminum Pigment to the dry powder before it's sprayed which will give it a much more durable finish than standard powder coating.

View attachment 654053

I had a set of five factory wheels sandblasted and powdercoated silver. They turned out nice, but I am going to paint them flat black and use the powdercoating as a good basecoat to hold the flat black. I may mount them up sometime in the next week on my black truck to see how they look before pulling the black paint trigger!
Hope this image helped.

Those look really nice.:clap:

Damn, you spend all that money to make it look that beautiful then to just butcher it with flat black!

This is what had done with my chrome wheels. Aluminum powder coated with clear powder coat.

ForumRunner_20120713_212734.jpg

Sent from my Android using IH8MUD
ForumRunner_20120713_212734.jpg

How does the powder coating hold up on the alloy wheels? Anyone have set a few years old?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom